Microsoft Staff Confirm Xbox Next Gen in LinkedIn Profiles

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]daglesj[/nom]Ahem.You are not a hardcore gamer till you've had to adjust your autoexec.bat and config.sys files to get a certain game to run. Then configure them back again to get another......."Oh yes got 620K!"[/citation]

I was playing Wolfenstein when I was 6, your argument is invalid.

On a side note, I still have nightmares involving blue nazies. :D

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]irony is that people use PC to check linkedin[/citation]
The real irony is that people still use LinkedIn.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Everybody is forgetting that console specs are usually considerably lower than a PC with similar rendering potential. A console doesn't have to run a full OS at the same time as the games that it's running. Don't take the fact that it might has an HD 5770 derivative too hard. A brand new console will probably be better than a decent gaming PC for a year or two, then the PC will catch back up.

G

I'm a pc gamer through and through. I do own the xbox 360. I think anyone buying them these days is cheating themselves. In 2005-2006, it was a pretty nice addition to any home theater. I don't really believe anyone can argue that. I'm glad I didn't buy the several hundred dollar HD-DVD accessory, that quickly dropped to $50, and then disappeared. Then along came the PS3, and with its blu-ray / linux, it was also a pretty sweet addition to any home theater that needed a blu-ray player, and all around media center type device. It wasn't long however that PC's, I think, took back the lead though in the home theater front.

The only console anyone should consider right now, is the xbox 360 and kinect, and maybe the Wii, but specifically for the entertainment of children. However, the DSi can get the job done, maybe even better. Also, the smartphone / tablet can entertain the kids too. I got a very protective case that enshrouds my Motorola Bionic in a suit of armor, so I have no qualms with handing it to my 6 yr old, to play games, like when in the car.

So, nobody should be buying any consoles anymore. Invest in a solid PC and a smartphone and/or tablet. If you have a lot of kids, then look at the DSi as a possible solution. I really hope society as a whole, doesn't have too much extra free time to be gaming all the time and complaining what I laid out as insufficient, lol!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Spyker2041[/nom]I laugh at the term "next gen" when used to describe consoles, it is always 2 or 3 generations behind the PC.[/citation]
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Just get it the f*** out already so we can advance in the graphics department...[/citation]

You know what I find stupid, that A: Most pc gamers talk about how so wonderfully more complex and deep PC games are over consoles
And B: the fact that they also toot the horn on how much uber the graphics are on PC. Get a grip either in-depth game play and story are better or graphics are better. Tired of PC gamers’ like you sending mixed messages about what kind of games should be on pc.

Me personally I like PC more than consoles, for the modding, that's it period end of story , graphics don't really f---ing matter , The story definitely matters but consoles got plenty of good story sided games too , the sheer fact is I am a pc gamer because I enjoy game mods
quite honestly I could care less if the current xbox lasted another ten years , it'd just mean my current PC would last me all that longer. I F---ING HATE HAVING TO UPGRADE CONSTANTLY TO PLAY THE LATEST GAMES. I want the system I BUILT to last me more than one year. I don't feel that "consoles are holding pc graphics back” and I hate whiney ass PC gamers who cry this all the time you sound like broken records. Consoles don't do this game developers DO and with good reason they know their game won't sell hardly s---t if only 5% of the market can play the damn thing at a decent frame rate. I don’t' own crysis for this reason because the 4 year old game won't run right on my 3 year old pc , while brand new games like Dead island RUN smooth as butter on it.

point I’m getting at , is I’m so sick of hearing you guys bitch because the market doesn’t cater only to your rich boy wallets when p[c gaming goes back to the days of every new game bringing a top end pc too it's knees , I’ll stop being a pc gamer , and so will a million other pc gamers , then you know what happens the PC as a viable gaming platform will go away , so shut the F--K UP ALREADY AND JUST DEAL WITH THE FACT NOT EVERY PC GAMER IS RICH LIKE YOU !

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]daglesj[/nom]Ahem.You are not a hardcore gamer till you've had to adjust your autoexec.bat and config.sys files to get a certain game to run. Then configure them back again to get another......."Oh yes got 620K!"[/citation]

this is just the bigest asshole and idiot thing i ever heard

you and people like the guys above i quoted , make me almost hate other pc gamer's half of PC gamer's sound like those smug liberal enviromentalist that stick thier nose up thier ass over the fact that they treat the enviroment better cos they drive a hybrid and use "Green" bio freindly toilet paper

granted i've tinked with quite a few system files before , and i also build my own pc's tinkinger with game ini and configs does NOT define rather or not you are hardcore

I could go around and say no one is hardcore unless they have built one map in unreal , or made a 3d character model in 3ds max once, doesn't mean it' would be true.

hardcore , simply means you live for gaming, you game all the time and you take your gaming seriously , it has nothing to do with tinkering aroudn with freaking text files to make a game run right you stupid jack ass.

toms wil probably ban me for or suspend me for this over "cussing" and insulting rant but at this point I don't give a shit , YOU people are already insulting beyound the point of tolerance when you say some crap like what you said.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Let me translate...Consoles are for fucktards with the tech knowledge of a slug, or Mac owners...PCs are for gamers with either intelligence, or the patience and ability to learn...Is that about right?[/citation]

yet half the pc gamers seem overly concerned about ooh ahhhing over graphics ... bit ironic don't you think ?

you are yet another loser that that insults console gamer's every time you open your mouth
you forget theya re poeple too , jstu because they arn't tech savy doesn';t mean they are stupid , take my borther for an example , he sucks with computers in genral , they tend to break on him all the time. however , i bet you 100 million dollars , he would totally School your geek ass in Chess , something he has a display case full of trophies for. Just wish all you assholes would shut up already you give PC gamers a bad name and reputation.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I knew it. They will probably have a working prototype by CES 2012. Microsoft did say they'd be making a big announcement then, rght? My guess is that it could come out Q4 in 2012 and Halo 4 will be on it.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]this is just the bigest asshole and idiot thing i ever heard [/citation]

Chap, It was just a humorous comment. Please calm down.What happened in your life that made you so aggressive?

Is it the fact you are 14 and its the hormones? Sounds that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.