Microsoft Suing Barnes & Noble Over Nook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I honestly don't blame M$ or any other company for their patent trolling. Publicly traded companies have a responsibility to protect their fiscal interests and to try to make money. A good way to make money is to extract licensing fees for patents.

The patent system is flawed, but its not M$ fault.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I honestly don't blame M$ or any other company for their patent trolling. Publicly traded companies have a responsibility to protect their fiscal interests and to try to make money. A good way to make money is to extract licensing fees for patents.The patent system is flawed, but its not M$ fault.[/citation]

I do blame them for creating patent shell law firms with the sole purpose of buying up patents and then actively using them to damage their competitors in every way possible. Using underhanded and dirty tactics to try destroying software and companies.

Software Process patents are very bad, but I don't see Microsoft lobbying too hard to get the US to stop using them, they have a huge collection of weapons at their disposal that would be made useless if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.