Microsoft: There WILL Be A Halo Movie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Now theres some good news, finally outa alll the games that you hear about once in a while that may come to the movie screen, one has made it and even better its Halo. The producers/directors of this film are going to have to be smart and very carfull because if they get it wrong millions of fans are going to surely let them know about it, and will most likely flop when the thing premires and the critics get ahold of it. But lets hope and pray they get it right and hollywood doesnt drop a big terd on it, then we can look forward to see one sweet movie.

Dannypwnsall

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
I think they should have the entire movie CG. And have Blur Studios(The people who did the nfl animation, aswell as the Halo Wars cutscenes) do the movie. They are absolutely incredible.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Theres no way any Hollywood produced movie will live up to the expectations of huge video game and anime movies....look at Akira prob the most known anime movie with outside of japan success...Zac Efron is cast as the lead roll......nuff said. /facepalm

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
It looks like some of you are misreading the article. They're not making a Halo movie. They're merely saying they will, like they have been for years. Empty promises.

And if they're making a movie that appeals to "moms," then it's already going to be awful.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Hopefully they don't screw it up like the did with Doom and countless others.[/citation]

Yeah that's my fear. But if MS are closely involved in it, i don't think they'll let it happen as it will piss too many people off if its a flop.

I just want to watch it for the main theme tune :).

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm not sure I want to see a Halo movie that moms of gamers will like. And yeah, you guys have the right to be scared of Hollywood getting too much involved.

In other news, look out for the Metroid movie, about a rowdy team of baseball players who discover the true meaning of Christmas from a robot cowboy angel.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]the only thing worse then PC hardware fanboys are movie fanboys.[/citation]

Yes, but console fanboys are in a league of their own. That group really does make me think that abortion is a viable option.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I would like to see a good Halo movie. I didnt care for the gameplay but the story line was good. I would like to see FEAR as a movie as well. There is great potential for that IP to become a movie.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]ook out for the Metroid movie, about a rowdy team of baseball players who discover the true meaning of Christmas from a robot cowboy angel.[/citation]

You, my friend, have a got a winner on your hands...when can we expect your masterpiece to be released?

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
halo as a movie is tough. i can see a movie in the halo universe... bu master chief is a man of few words... i can see it working in some movies... heck the movie soldier kurt russell says like 20 words the whoel movie... but i'd be tough to pull off and blasted by the critics for it

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Please don't cast real actors for this sort of movie. Think about "Avatar". Think about "Advent Children". How realistic those looked and what they could do with computer generated graphics.

If they cast real actors it's going to be as cheesy as "Doom" was.

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Does nobody remember the "Deliver Hope" trailer for Halo Reach?

For those who haven't seen it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI

I've never been one to be swayed by advertising, but you have to admit that this trailer looks badass. It made me preorder Halo Reach when I would have normally just waited a few weeks to get my hands on it.

I think a movie(s) or a series à la band of brothers would be amazing, considering the quality of such series. Dare I hope for a series AND movies?

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Well, let's just see how horrible Hollywood is going to screw this one up... Doom, Street Fighter, etc... All of them, absolutely terrible... Let's get George Lucas & Steven Spielberg... get some real talent on this movie for a change...

Status
Not open for further replies.