Microsoft: There's No Need for a New Xbox Yet

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

widcard

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
Big deal if they don't come out with any new consoles for another few years yet. I still have just as much fun playing games on my XBOX 360 that only cost $200 as compared to my high end gaming PC that cost $1.200

G

I don't see any point in pushing a newer machine with higher graphics at this point. I think the graphics are stunning and the Xbox 360's CPU handles are other content with no problem. I don't like the DRM limits, but the PS3 has that as well. At least I can get around it with PS3 Media Server on the ps3, but otherwise I hope the xbox goes on for another 5 years with no problems. ---bad design is what hurt them most at the beginning.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Natal is supposedly going to use 15-20% of the cpu power. You would hope they would at least release a new Pro edition with an updated Cpu and Graphics chip in it; to handle the performance drop from Natal.[/citation]
You'd think the new generation of Xbox 360's would be running a higher clock anyways just for the hell of it.
[citation][nom]smelly_feet[/nom]hopefully they at least replace parts for more efficient ones. It should be possible to drop the power consumption of the console from its 180 watt.[/citation]
Hopefully Microsoft takes up IBM's offer of 32nm chips eventually... and then get ATI to make the GPU in 40nm also.
I'd think that all heating issues could be eliminated, and still up the clocks decently at the same time.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]You're wrong, of course. A PC uses an x86 processor, these do not. They do not run Windows either. They are different hardware designed for a specific task.[/citation]
You realize PC means personal computer right? It doesn't need to be x86 or run windows. Stop falling for mac misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.