Microsoft To Cancel All PlaysForSure DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Mark your calendars. April 23, 2008 is the day DRM officially died.

stoneysilence

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
Umm... I don't think it is a complete cancellation of PlayForSure DRM because I think several other companies also used it but they are not mentioned as being affected. This is just MS saying they are no longer supporting anybody who bought music through them. Which isn't surprising from MS. They seem to get their fingers into everything half-heartedly then bail when it doesn't take off leaving their users hanging high and dry.

G

"Mark your calendars. April 23, 2008 is the day DRM officially died."

AMEN, BROTHER!!!

Turas

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Can't there be some class action lawsuit against them and Sony. I know there is a workaround but all the damn music places and sony/ms try to force DRM down our throat. They should be required by law to either "A" support it forever as I did not by a time limited copy of the music or "B" provide me with a DRM free version. I say make em support crap forever and lose money so maybe they will learn a lesson that DRM is just plain stupid.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Gotta love that. Buy something but when the company decides to change DRM formats, you get to buy it again, unlike a CD or physical media.

They should be expected to find new ways to screw digital delivery up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS