Microsoft: We're Not Having Sex on Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
"Xbox is a family friendly games and entertainment console and does not allow Adults Only (AO) content to be certified for use on its platform"

Wait... but you can rent a prostitute on xbox live?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"Microsoft did not authorize or license its technology for this use," it said. "Xbox is a family friendly games and entertainment console and does not allow Adults Only (AO) content to be certified for use on its platform, and would not condone this type of game for Kinect."
Good thing the government says you can't stop people. Imagine if the world actually worked the way Microsoft, Apple, Music Studios, etc.. wanted it to.

Anyway, I think the premise of the game is pretty depressing and stupid (and I don't own an XBox anyway), but I'm just glad I live in a country/world where people are allowed to create these kinds of things, even if it is stupid.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
ThriXXX is not the name of the game, it's the name of the company that's making it.

http://www.thrixxx.com/

It's the same company that gave us such games as the award-winning 3D Sex Villa. Not that I've ever played it...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]The Simpsons? Rednecks and broomsticks ?Ep7 Season 21[/citation]
Family Guy S03E16- A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]buddhav1[/nom]It's mah turn with the sexbox! It's my sexbox, and her name is Sony!Wrong company, I know.[/citation]

[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]The Simpsons? Rednecks and broomsticks ?Ep7 Season 21[/citation]

[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Family Guy S03E16- A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas[/citation]

[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I think both have that dialog[/citation]

Which brings us full circle to Southpark "Simpsons Already Did It" Season 6 Episode 7 that explains that it's all been done before

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Whatever M$, they can still make the game for xbox, they just won't be able to have any trademarked branding on it. I'm not sure that it would be a very good game, but anything that brings us closer to having sex on a holodeck is good in my book.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
So it's okay to shoot a cop with a sniper rifle as bystanders realistically react and flea the scene in GTA 4, that is A-OK with Microsoft's definition of family values, but god forbid there be any sex in a game. What a load of hypocritical crap!

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]So it's okay to shoot a cop with a sniper rifle as bystanders realistically react and flea the scene in GTA 4, that is A-OK with Microsoft's definition of family values, but god forbid there be any sex in a game. What a load of hypocritical crap![/citation]

Don't be a moron.

It's one thing to fantasize about things we can't do in real life, but it's another to want to simulate something we can do. That's just creepy. Go have sex in real life instead of pretending to do it on a video game console.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
"Microsoft did not authorize or license its technology for this use," it said. "Xbox is a family friendly games and entertainment console and does not allow Adults Only (AO) content to be certified for use on its platform, and would not condone this type of game for Kinect."

Does anyone cares about the KiddiesBox? This is for PC...

thermogel

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Aftcomet[/nom]Don't be a moron. It's one thing to fantasize about things we can't do in real life, but it's another to want to simulate something we can do. That's just creepy. Go have sex in real life instead of pretending to do it on a video game console.[/citation]
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Lol, now there's a reason to buy kinect.[/citation]

Banging chicks that look like Playmates is a fantasy for most men that will never happen. And thats not ok? But killing cops is?

Status
Not open for further replies.