Microsoft Zune Finds a Use for FM Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
The FM tuner already had a use. It let you listen to the radio.
No non-apple MP3 player can play iTunes music, so why list that as a con to this player? It's like saying a Windows PC is bad because it can't run Mac OS X.
Zune Marketplace offers DRM-free music.

I'm excited about receiving the firmware upgrade for my Zune later this month. I appreciate that Microsoft is going to give me the same features new buyers get, hardware allowing.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]silversound[/nom]Whos gonna buy a zune when you can get an ipod at the same price?microsoft employees?[/citation]

who is gonna buy I-pod when you can get a similar alternative like zune... seriously, ipods are overrated, and they are not any better than zunes,but if you have am ipod it makes you a "cool kid" just like other "cool kids" who have an ipod....

i find your comment biased, you just seem like an apple fanboy, that it ? have you even played with a zune ??? its so much fun compared to ipod in my opinion.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]silversound[/nom]Whos gonna buy a zune when you can get an ipod at the same price?microsoft employees?[/citation]
Well lets see, anyone who has some WMA files that Apple will not play? Sure you can convert one lossy file format to another and further loose audio quality. Sorry, even most cheap mp3 players play wma. That is just Apple being retarded because they hate MS so much. My old Zen Microphoto works just fine for me.

daveloft

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2008
This article has a very serious biased tone to it, I'm sure Michael loves his iPod. Can't have anything get in the way of that, even if it's a very compelling product with some features far beyond what the equivalent iPod can do.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Thats definitely a cool feature with the FM tuner. Countless times I've heard a song on the radio and thought to myself, 'hey I should remember to get that one'.

Now I can just flag the song and it'll remember to get it for me, Kudos to MS for some innovative thought in this market.

shadowofdawn

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Starhoof[/nom]who is gonna buy I-pod when you can get a similar alternative like zune... seriously, ipods are overrated, and they are not any better than zunes,but if you have am ipod it makes you a "cool kid" just like other "cool kids" who have an ipod....i find your comment biased, you just seem like an apple fanboy, that it ? have you even played with a zune ??? its so much fun compared to ipod in my opinion.[/citation]

Yeah pretty much any mp3 player is better than a ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.