Microsoft's E3 Reveal ''Bigger than Natal''

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]doyoudig[/nom]also in the news... Ghost Of Christmas Future Taunts Children With Visions Of PlayStation 5[/citation]
Nice "The Onion" reference! Too bad they wrote it 2002 when they expected the normal console replace rate.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ghost-of-christmas-future-taunts-children-with-vis,14/

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]free xbox live[/citation]
They already have that, it's called Xbox Live Silver. If you mean they should enable online gaming for Silver accounts, I say only if it is advertisement supported, and maybe limited hours too. I don't see why my service should have to suffer because some people refuse to pay $3/month (you can get a 12 month Gold card from walmart.com shipped free to a local walmart for $36).

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Here are my predictions: a new XBOX with Natal Built-in will come out. This XBOX will be just as powerful as the 360. Prediction 2: Blu-Ray for XBOX 360. Prediction 3: Halo 3, ODST, Reach (one or all) are being ported to the PC. There's no way in hell that this new surprise will be the "XBOX 720" or whatever 3rd-generation name they'd give it, considering Natal is coming out very soon.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]Natal wasn't that big of a deal, so I'm not expecting anything significant. WAIT, I got an idea! Why don't you release the Zune HD in Canada you assholes.[/citation]
Yes, be sure to make good use the the HD radio feature which is not compatible with the digital radio standards used in Canada. They would need to redesign the unit. Actually it would need to be compatible with not only DAB but the multiple implementations and codecs of DAB, so it could be used in much of Europe too. Although Apple devices have taken over there, so there's no probably no point.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]I honestly think its going to be a handheld gaming device. Nintendo and Sony are both floundering, and this would be a good time for MS to try to do this.[/citation]

maybe that is true of sony, but Nintendo are massively successful in the handheld market, have you been living under a rock?
with the 3DS being revealed at E3 (and sure to be a success) it would be a really bad time for MS to enter the handheld market.
not saying they wont, but it would be really bad timing on their part

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
halo 3 and gears of war 2 pc versions. That or a new 360 sku with built-in blu-ray player or standalone blu-ray add-on

It did take more or less the same amount of time to get Halo2 for pc(vista only at the time) and Gears of War 1 PC version from their respective console release dates.

G

Hmm guesses ....
a) Portable XBOX 360
b) Natal to work with PC in Minority Report mode
c) Natal plus MyVu type glasses become immersive virtual reality
d) XBOX 360 Emulation for Windows 7
e) Guitar Hero/Rock Band for Natal with real instruments

G

Guys they did mention a while back that Natal was designed for both the current gen xbox and the next gen system..hmmm...

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mattfoo2324[/nom]My predictions: Xbox 360 Slim (aka Weight Watchers version) bundled with Natal for $300 and some FPS with Natal technology. I won't get either one. Halo: Reach is all I need.[/citation]
You mean Michael Pachter's predictions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.