Microsoft's IE8 Release Candidate Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone squat

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Is the only added feature of the new browser security? I hope it is much better than crappy firefox. I've been using IE7 for years and it's been a solid browser for me. No security issues either. It may be unstable at points but much easier to use than the Foxturd.

xx12amanxx

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
IE7 has been randomly crashing on me for over 3 month's now! Ive even reinstalled my OS when i bought new hardware and it still crashes! I dont know what they did but they messed it up bad...Im running Vista 64.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
IE7 is the worst possible browser. How can i possibly believe IE8 will be any different? The only people who uses IE are people who don't know how to install firefox or enjoys surfing at snail's pace. Slowest buggiest browser ever. period.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]curnel_D[/nom]In comparisons, there is absolutely no noticable difference in speed between IE and Firefox. If you're experiencing random crashes in IE7, it's likely you have some type of harmful software installed on your computer that is conficting with internet expolorer. And as far as security goes, with my 10+ years of experience, and the last 6 as a technology analyst manager for a very large company, Internet explorer offers the best security. Not to mention the simplicity/usability that virtually no user will have problems with.Installing IE8 RC over beta now. Glad it finally came out, I was still getting tons of beta bugs.[/citation]

Judging from the masses of people who couldn't take the IE8 beta off of their computer after applying service packs and all of that mess, and the smaller mass of people that had the same issue with IE7...I think it would have been much wiser to uninstall the beta first...but whatever.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
YAY, another web browser to download Opera and Firefox with!

and it has a privacy mode so no one will ever know i used it!

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Will Internet Explorer finally be able to take the reigns back away from Mozilla's Firefox as the leader in the browser market?

Last I checked about 80% of people use IE and Firefox with a "close" 10%. But as far as browsers that are hailed and talked about Firefox is way ahead there.

And as far as security goes, with my 10+ years of experience, and the last 6 as a technology analyst manager for a very large company, Internet explorer offers the best security. Not to mention the simplicity/usability that virtually no user will have problems with.

Agreed but it goes back to how many people use it. I would rather affect 10,000,000 users that 10. M$ has to counter constantly.

But ANYWAY I will have to check this one out to see if it's as bulky as I expect.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I use IE7 and FF3 on a daily basis and have no problems with either one. If one of these browsers is crashing on a regular basis, then you should fix your computer.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Windows Update is pushing Internet Explorer 8 RC on me now, along with the SP1 service pack update for .NET 3.5 (bascially all of .NET)....right now!

If there was ever a reason to use System Restore to create a System Restore point on a working and stable PC now is the time to do it I think.

i iz so scared!!!

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I've used the beta 2 for a while and the crashes weren't that bad.

I'll give RC a test drive.

Also, I agree FF is more hype than actual functionality

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I've used the beta 2 for a while and the crashes weren't that bad.

I'll give RC a test drive.

Also, I agree FF is more hype than actual functionality

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
ie 8 rc1 is broken. i have lots of problems at a number of sites, including google, and this site where text field boxes are displayed in an unreadable tiny font. in fact i've had to switch to using mozilla. how do they release this sh*t, dont they test it by going to sites like google and trying to do a simple search, it does not work.

pcworm

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Microsoft is stupid like hell! I've always been a fan of their good products and IE is certainly not one of them, if you save a page, Stupid IE re downloads all components, whats more, if you have other tabs active in that window, you cant access them until the save is complete! try saving pages on a slow connection and you feel what I feel!
I never really use IE but downloaded it just to see whether they fixed it...
sorry they haven't

Status
Not open for further replies.