Microsoft's "I'm a PC" Ads Partly Produced on Macs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]cl_spdhax1[/nom]I am PC, and atleast I can overclock it..[/citation]

I'm a mac, and so can I.

oh...no...wait...I need a third party hack to overclock me...and I'm such a glossed over pile of shit all the way down to the system timer that without a patch, I'll actually start counting seconds faster and cause system instability.

So then, I'm a mac...and I guess I don't overclock after all.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
This actually highlights one of the idiocies of PC versus MAC debates. Photoshop CS3 is an application that comes in Windows and MAC versions. It doesn't matter which one you run it on. It is the same f-wording app. It offers the same features in both versions. So, they could just have easily created those images in the PC version.

Who gives a rat's hairy one what OS they ran Photoshop on???? It does nothing to make either platform look better, but I would bet THG readers could easily build a PC that runs Photoshop much faster than the MAC can, for less!

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
This is the thing, people are so ignorantly STUPID that they think that a better computer is one thats "shiny".

This is obvious as i can get a quad core and 3 gig and 2 TWO TWO!!! TOW HD's that are 320 gig on DELL DELL!!!! DELL THE WORST PLACE EVER FOR COMPS!! *sorry it isnt really, but they do suck* and yet a mac is 1300+ dollars for one HD, 1-2 gig of ram and only a dual core..

Shiny costs to much.

I'm a PC, and guess what i can play crysis on high.

Oh, and watch Youtube and watch videos and do photoshop *with my Quad-core unlike you my macophilla friends* and i can also even have the bliss of haveing computer software under 50 bucks! Life is great aint it ol' macyboy!

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Tell me, if you go into the CIA or FBI or Police station or millitary HQ what do you see? NOT MACS. Wonder why? it's something called brute force and reliability. Something macs do not have thus far..

As for paying 1000+ for a computer thats "shiny" just to play "media" *which in mac means movies only from what i have seen, since they SUCK on games* yeah... i'll stick with my 800 dollar computer that can play crysis on high.... has a quad core, and oh! can also do some awesome bluray videos!

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
Actually, I'm not surprised. Most of these advertisements are 'outsourced' to advertisement firms. Most advertisement firms use Macs in their environment.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Agent Smith[/nom]Really.. Who gives a shit or not, PCs pwn in just about every way. This next part is for the writer who writes these damn things. What gives you the right to be a bias and come to your own conclusion on something that no one gives a flying fuck about? All of the smart people (95% of the planet) knows that Macs suck ass.[/citation]
Talk about bias... speak for yourself. All of you need lives. I really hate people who talk out of their asses just because they feel threatened by another company. It's pathetic. Especially when half of the things any of you say is just plain wrong and idiotic.

ThePatriot

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
In other words:
Jaragon13 has an ugly wife that needs patching some tuesday in a month.....
At least on a Mac you can choose: Mac or PC

On a PC you are stuck with a window (with no pretty view) Oh, yeah, you can play a game that you can't play on a Mac. Woot Woot!

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Some of the comments here remind me of the "M$ = evil" days. Everyone loved to bash MS until their faces were blue. Now the band has changed teams and riding the "Apple = evil" wagon.

You guys crack me up. :p

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
[citation][nom]ThePatriot[/nom]On a PC you are stuck with a window (with no pretty view) Oh, yeah, you can play a game that you can't play on a Mac. Woot Woot![/citation]

Windows just happens to be the only major commercial OS.
There are plenty of operating system alternatives for the PC. Linux, Unix, BeOS, FreeBSD, and the list goes on.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
True. And some of those have highly addictive games that cost nothing and have no DRM and work fine on $30 graphics cards.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]I'm surprised that Microsoft came up with a slogan like "Life Without Walls". If you don't have walls, why would you buy windows?[/citation]

Google "Crystal Cathedral."

They built a cathedral with windows, literally.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]True. And some of those have highly addictive games that cost nothing and have no DRM and work fine on $30 graphics cards.[/citation]

Like Command & Conquer First Ten Years Edition. Still not available on OSX.

G

My car is a VW (yes! I feel sorry for me too) but I think it may have been delivered on a Mack truck. One day I was at the dealership for service (yes! I feel sorry for me too) and I noticed that one of service techs drives a Volvo.

crosshares

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
People can be ridiculous huh?

A Mac is just a computer, it doesn't have teeth, it doesn't threaten, its all in your heads!!! Why are you letting Apple's commercials get to you?

Although on the other hand, what would this comment section be like if Macs were cheaper?

G

Windows commercials don't point out Macs problems, because it's not good for Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.