Microsoft's Kinect Looks Great, But Still No Price

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Google TV? Why? Xbox TV!

I wait for the day when LG, Samsung, and especially Vizio to talk Microsoft to integrate xboxes and kinect to tvs.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Last year i was real excited about this system and couldnt wait for E3 this year.Natal promised full body real time motion controls an AI and voice commands.After watching the confrerence however im not as enthused, the motion tracking is NOT one to one ALL the time, if you watch closely you see its not consistent(this is most apparent in the fitness game from Ubisoft).The voice chat looks spot on but im still skeptical since the first person who demoed it looked scared that it might not work(the gentleman who explanined the new features for xbox live).To me if youre going to have a system like this you need make sure that you can get it 1:1 first beofre you start making stuff for it hoping to sort it out later.And to those that say its a protype, no its not ,The device has its retail name with bundles and hardware consideration already made and the developers have the finished product .Its not coming out today because some develpers are still working on thier games and it just makes sence to release something like this when you know there are going to be alot of dollars circulating in the consumer electronics market.

Cromulent

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
After all the hype this was a big let down. Can I hear people saying who "who cares?" and "gimmick"?

Seriously though this looks like yet another piece of very clever Microsoft technology that just misses the point.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Cromulent[/nom]After all the hype this was a big let down. Can I hear people saying who "who cares?" and "gimmick"?Seriously though this looks like yet another piece of very clever Microsoft technology that just misses the point.[/citation]

I am thinking the same.

Funny how the so called "hardcore" gamers are not complaining calling MS's kinect a toy and kicking it to the curb. Yet if its the Wii they'd say its a kids toy and don't even acknowledge it like Obama upping the US's deficit for the fiscal yr to 1.8 trillion. Kinect is basically the Wiimote. Kinect is just more gimmicky that is all.

Will Kinect spurt sales like the Wii with its Wiimote? I doubt it. Innovation? Perhaps but Nintendo has already been there done that.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I was thinking "Gamer" the movie the entire time i was watching "Natal" aka Kinect in action. Considering i don't own a Wii, and the Wii price is still too high for old tech and uninspiring line-up of games, i rather wait and buy this and let my niece have a go with it for all the cool kiddie games and features it has and just see her have fun and wish when i was kid i had amazing tech like this.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
It's been confirmed by Microsoft that there will be lag on the actions.

The technology is interesting, but the price is too steep. Plus most games rely on the gimmick of no controller rather than doing something interesting with it.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
How did they get such amazing Motion-Sensing technology into a console when the hardware requirements for processing it are absolutely insane!

I just cant wait until this thing hit's the shelves, then i'll still be one step ahead of my friends :D

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]I am thinking the same. Funny how the so called "hardcore" gamers are not complaining calling MS's kinect a toy and kicking it to the curb. Yet if its the Wii they'd say its a kids toy and don't even acknowledge it like Obama upping the US's deficit for the fiscal yr to 1.8 trillion. Kinect is basically the Wiimote. Kinect is just more gimmicky that is all. Will Kinect spurt sales like the Wii with its Wiimote? I doubt it. Innovation? Perhaps but Nintendo has already been there done that.[/citation]
Please. Kinect has loads more technology in it than the remote. Try dropping your Wiimote and waving your hands around, see what it does. Yeah, that's what I thought, r3t4rd.

/facepalm

G

Maybe in a couple years when this technology is ready to work correctly (for real games, not where you just jump around like a dumbass in your living room playing games that a 5 year old would be done with in a couple hours) sorry guys give me the old controller and real games please

Status
Not open for further replies.