Microsoft's Kinect Looks Great, But Still No Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Looks like they are trying to boost popularity of the Kin phone by calling this Kinect. It really is a bad name, but they could have done worse. They could have called it Ballmer.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]thrust2night[/nom]Looks like they are trying to boost popularity of the Kin phone by calling this Kinect. It really is a bad name, but they could have done worse. They could have called it Ballmer.[/citation]

...or Wii

G

Has the Wii finally been pwned at it's own game? Give me decent light-saber battles with that thing and I'm sold. Otherwise- no deal.. :)

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I don't care if they called the thing "Choda" It looks interesting. And looks like what the next evolution Nintendo would have done. I can't wait to see how racing games are. BRING ME STAR WARS for Christmas please!!!!

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
The best "news" out of this whole article is ESPN360 on the xbox... Friggin sweeeeeeeet! yeah baby.... ( I don't have a cable or satellite subscription) The only things I ever watch are sports or movies. I rent my movies, and sports........ xbox 360. YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

tarheelfan

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I get that its an impressive hardware/user interface but I'm just not sold on standing around playing games. Regardless of the type of game your body is forced to face the direction of the tv making it hard to have any immersion into a virtual world for a game. This works for the kiddie games they have shown but I suspect there will be major difficulties for hardcore games.

fitzergerald

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I own an Xbox 360 and really like it but am I the only one who thinks this looks really gay? You look like a monkey on crack trying to block the virtual balls...

hallic7

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I watched the expo live and Kinect was a real let down... all the games looked like something stolen from a Wii... in others the lag was very noticeable and others where not even playable yet... No real games out there only fit crap... The best of the expo was GOW 3 and MGS...

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
The lag in many of the demos and the lack of anything that looks remotely fun is a BIG turn off. BTW thanks for the big Forza reveal, so you can do everything BUT drive the car??? Seriously walking around a car will be neat ONCE show so game play. Microsoft never fails to let me down.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
I watched the expo live and Kinect was a real let down... all the games looked like something stolen from a Wii... in others the lag was very noticeable and others where not even playable yet...

Um... ONE word.. PROTOTYPE
i mean seriosly dont expect something work perfect before its launched, thats like bitching that a beta game had a glitch in it.
So if it sucks at launch, then feel free to bitch. even though there will still be some glitches/issues. but at least its at a point when they are saying it works well enough to sell now.

And of course its gonna be similar to the Wii, They came out with it first....

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
From what i saw, it worked flawless. Its not the "Wii", nor is it "Move." Its entirely something different then those two. The whole voice command sold me, the games and the other cool features thats just a added bonus. I can see this going somewhere in the future even bigger then this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS