Mid-rannge gaming laptop

dacasa

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hello people!
Since my old acer aspire died I'm looking for a new laptop. I'm looking for one to game on like the thread says.

1. What is your budget?
< €900

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't really matter. But i guess 15" is preferable because this is cheaper.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
flexible

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
I won't need much battery life because i'll most likely be close to an energy source everywhere i go

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I'd like to play high-end games. Not like Crysis 2 but mor like The Witcher 2 and things like that. I do want the laptop to be able to play games that get released in a year or so though.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

I don't need any other features. I'll use it for gaming only.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
preferable 500gb. I also have an external hdd which i use for most of my files, so smaller than 500gb is possible too.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Surprise me

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least for 3 or 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Preferable a DVD DL writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Popular brands often have good customer support. I don't like acer though. My last laptop was an Acer. It had high specs but i learned later on that the laptop was overclocked by default. As a result my motherboard got fried just when my guarantee expired...

13. What country do you live in?

I live in the Netherlands

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I've searched around a bit for decent gaming laptops. The Asus G51jx is my favourite so far. However I only searched on dell/asus laptops and they are quite expensive.
I'm no pro with laptops so i didn't know what to search for exactly. I hope you guys know some good mid-range gaming laptops.

Thanks in advance!

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Asus has the great laptops, the only issue with your favorite, is that it is an oudated model...

But that means, you will like the newer one's even more.

I don't think your budget is high enough though.

Here is something you may like:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AS7741G-6426-17-3-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B004G5ZXH0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It is an Acer computer though, so, since you said you didn't like it, here is an alternative:

http://www.amazon.com/N53SV-XE1-15-6-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Aluminum/dp/B004KNVK84/ref=sr_1_11?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1309322523&sr=1-11

It's from ASUS, I recommend it :)