Milk is in my laptop...

NamelessAndrew

Estimable
May 13, 2015
Yeah, very funny. This is a very expensive inspiron and I don't know what to do. The laptop seems to be working fine, but I's gotten through the touchpad. The touchpad click doesn't work, but I can live with that. But, do you think some parts could be damaged?

NBSN

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
Got Milk?

Okay, now that it out of the way...yes, it could be damaged. While I am pretty sure that milk is a base (base vs acid) so that it won't be eating away at your components causing them to rust like orange juice could in theory...anytime liquid gets into electronics there can be issues.

Since you have already tried using the laptop and say it seems to be working fine, I would assume you left it to dry out for several hours? While there will likely be some residue of the milk inside of the laptop since the liquid was not something like distilled water, you may have lucked out and not have gotten any of that residue inside of the important areas.

You mention the touchpad click does not work, do you mean the sound does not happen or the button does not work at all?

most tuch pads can be user replaced for 20.00 all you do is google your unit model number and service parts. if your lucky your tuch pad is part of the keyboard and is one part. make sure when you swap out the keyboard/tuck pad there no milk left..we dont want your laptop making cottage cheese on you :)