Minecraft Creator Mulling Over MinecraftCon

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
minecraft is a neat game. to play for a while. but that is all. i need a massive update to get interested again. give me a bulldozer that can mine super fast, or ways to create large machinery and working parts. the red stone is a start, but im hoping it goes much much farther than that

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Apparently my first post disappeared... I was saying that the first two guys sound just like I did before I played it. It's a pretty cool game.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]greliu[/nom]I can't believe people actually play this game....[/citation]

This is a very cool game for people with endless imagination and creativity.

Vearo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I can't believe people don't play this game...

Really though, as enjoyable as it is, I find it hard to believe that there would be such a DEDICATED following to MC. Sure, its fun and a good creativity toy, but there isn't really all that much there. At least not yet.

I bought it back in Alpha, when it was 10 Euro (~$14) and was "You get everything." All it was at that point was building and monsters about. Now its building with monsters about with a new area with monsters and neutral monsters and wolves. I can appreciate that Notch was basically the only developer, and had Jeb(?) help for a bit, but I think that the game could use a few extra modes.

I remember talk of a "Zombie Siege" in which zombies would attack you all night, even breaking down your walls in attempt to kill you. That would/could be challenging and fun, more so on multiplayer. With my VERY limited knowledge of coding, this doesn't sound too hard to add to what already exists in the game.

What I am trying to say is that I'll become a huge fan if Notch can show that he is capable of tapping into the potential of his own game. But right now I'm not seeing that, as he is limited by fixing all that exists right now (Patch 1.6) and is the only one who is doing it. I guess I don't see how one can be that enthusiastic to travel to Nevada just for a Minecraft-Con, as the game is nowhere near what it could be.

Why love the cream puff before the filling is added?

G

I love this game! I especially love the anticipation when you click that first block. Will it be a mine or not? The tension kills me. When it's not...look out because I'm good at counting to find how many mines are around...not to mention they tell you.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]This is a very cool game for people with endless imagination and creativity.[/citation]
Exactly, for all the haters that don't, well they can go play one of the CoD games.

G

The big questions are will Jay Moore MC the event, will there be a goody bag, will Jinx be there selling exclusive Minecraft t-shirts, and is Ozzy playing a live concert to wrap the show up?

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]MxM[/nom]What's next? An AngryBirdsCon?[/citation]

Ok the game is cool....but you are correct the Con idea is sounds like an episode of Big Bang Theory

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Great game...but $90 con for a $15 to $19 game???[/citation]

The price of the game is irrelevant, its about the experience. Its the same reason people pay hundreds of dollars to go to a live sporting event as opposed to sitting at home and watching for free on basic cable.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
The concept of minecraft is fine, but since the digital data is not dependent on the work of gathering those items, for creation purposes I would say the second life experience is better. Of course minecraft offers something that appeals gamers, limited resources and gathering of those. There is little fun, according to some viewpoint, when resources are unlimited and imagination is the only thing in the way. Good that it's not the only viewpoint out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.