Mining crypto currencys with excess cpu cloak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_Tobstar

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Bitcoin/ litecoin ect mining with cpu is inefficient, however I utilise barley any of my cpu in normal pc usage even in power saving. When surfing ect my cpu down-cloaks to .8ghz at this point my usage barley exceeds 10% wasting 720000000 cloak cycles. (note are these cycles wasted?) Can i instead use these for mining a crypto currency?
If so which currency is best to mine this way?

Update:Being that theirs no point using cpu for mining im now using it for finding primes using prime 95

Solution
You aren't wasting usage, when the CPU downclocks it also undervolts the CPU to crazy low wattages, so you aren't paying for wated clock cycles.

Even if that was the case, in 2016 we're at the point now where bitcoin and litecoin are well beyond the GPU mining stage. Let alone CPU mining. It's not like back in 2010 when you could mine with your CPU and get decent amounts of bitcoin.
You aren't wasting usage, when the CPU downclocks it also undervolts the CPU to crazy low wattages, so you aren't paying for wated clock cycles.

Even if that was the case, in 2016 we're at the point now where bitcoin and litecoin are well beyond the GPU mining stage. Let alone CPU mining. It's not like back in 2010 when you could mine with your CPU and get decent amounts of bitcoin.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.