Missing 1070 Graphics card on a GE73VR 7RF Raider(Japan version)

WakaBam46

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I just noticed this today but I don't know when it really started. I boot up my computer and try to play some Warhammer and its running on the intel driver. I don't know how this happened. I had the new graphics card update ready but I forgot to install it. I have done this before but it never caused me any trouble. I am downloading the original driver from the MSI site right now. But I don't know what I should do to try to fix this.

The update is the 416.34. I have done a hardware scan in the device manager but nothing shows up. Everything works fine on the computer except for the graphics card.

Edit: I have found the card in the device manager but I had to have it show hidden items. What should I do now? I don't want to break my computer.

PLEASE HELP!

This is a family friendly site.
Mind your language.
Lutfij

WakaBam46

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

Ok, I'll try to uninstall the graphics card. Now on the prompt, should I delete the driver software or should I leave that in?

WakaBam46

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

Ok, so I tried to install the MSI graphic driver from the MSI website but it says that it won't do due to compatibility issues. On the device manager, it says:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

Should I try to uninstall it and do a reboot? If not what should I do next?

WakaBam46

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014

I would, but this here is a laptop and I can't touch the internals without voiding the warranty.