MIT Develops Glasses-Free 360Hz 3D Panel Using 3 LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
" ..closer to true glasses-tree 3D TV..."
Does it grow in a tree? :)
I gues spell check does not work on real words.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Amazing tech and all comments are about grammar..... I'm sure everyone is perfect in their use of the English language.

DEVILVSANGEL00

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
personally i think its a excellent step foward and excellent creative thinking. at the same time tho its at least 5-10 years away before it goes anywhere near the mainstream market, when 4k hd monitors and tvs go mainstream within the next few years this i beleive will be whats coming after that to the mainstream market.

also the part about where they would need terabytes per second bandwith when not using compression just to get the 3d images displayed shows u how complex and detailed the technology is just to display 3d images without the use of annoying 3d glasses.

all i can say is cant wait and hope this or 3d technology on this level hits the mainstream at a very good reasonable price when its finally ready,

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
laser projection from multiple lasers in a movie theater projection/R2D2 style but from a full 6 point access.
no screen needed, but i could understand having a glass/plexi cube/sphere block for a full true 3-D experience.
anything less than 5-6 access viewing is not 3-D in any way shape or form, it's a 1-D maybe 2-D gimmik

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
It bothers me that smellovision is even a thing.

What if people tampered with the emitters and ended up putting nerve gas of something in them..

It will bother me more though to see any comments from people that will say 360hz if pointless because the human eye can't see a difference after 30hz.. But am surprised there hasn't been one made yet.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Called it! I said last year that "3d would be cooler if you didnt have to wear the glasses. How about multiple screens instead? "[/citation]

Heck, I called 3D glasses-free TV's way back in 1983!

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]alxianthelast[/nom]It bothers me that smellovision is even a thing. What if people tampered with the emitters and ended up putting nerve gas of something in them.. It will bother me more though to see any comments from people that will say 360hz if pointless because the human eye can't see a difference after 30hz.. But am surprised there hasn't been one made yet.[/citation]

Well if you're worried about them putting nerve gas or something like that in then don't watch a holocaust movie in smellovision which tries to get the smells really authentic. Personally I'm worried that if smellovision becomes widespread then I won't be able to watch Jackass anymore.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]tburns1[/nom]Heck, I called 3D glasses-free TV's way back in 1983![/citation]
but did you call multiple screens? no... so shuffle off buffalo.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Amazing tech and all comments are about grammar..... I'm sure everyone is perfect in their use of the English language.[/citation]

We don't need to be perfect. We're just internet surfers reading an article and then commenting about it. Sure, I prefer to at least try to use proper grammar and spelling, but above this is a news article. That should have proper grammar, spelling, and word choice. They should proof-read it better. Tom's has had seriously prevalent issues in this, but habit is no excuse for something such as this. If it's the first thing that the first few comments are written about, then at the very least, it should be fixed if they couldn't fix it before even posting the article.

I've got nothing personal against the Tom's staff, but this is very noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.