MiVeu Turns Your iPhone Into a Personal POV Sporting Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The fact that it's not waterproof really dampers the idea...

One of the nice things about having a Gopro or a Contour is that if it breaks, you're just out of some footage. Buy another $2-300 camera. If you break your iPhone, not only could that impede your ability to call for help, but you're looking at $500+ to replace it. Not to mention the fact that the iPhone isn't expandable, and doesn't have a replaceable battery...

While I think it meets the "action cam needs" of probably 90% of the people who use them, and does so at a lower price point, you should definitely educate yourself to the benefits of a real action cam before you commit.

P.S. I got my Contour ROAM 1080P30/720P60(firmware downgrade/hack) action camera for $90. No changeable battery, but waterproof without the big bulky case of a GoPro, and MicroSD storage. And if it breaks, I'm only out $90...

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah, but if you're not in a rush (aka, plan ahead) you can easily get an action cam for $100-150 if you check slickdeals.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
And it's pretty much guaranteed that the glass optics on an action cam are better than the optics in your iPhone, let alone the extra set of optics in the case itself.

G

can you pov when youre having sex? you know... so you can see the ins and outs when youre bored? ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.