Mixer and Quality.

_fire

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Multi questioned questions. Sorry for confusion.

I have a pretty old BOSS mixer and I'm wondering if the difference in sound quality is Dramatic, from an old mixer to a new one. Analog (old) to modern Analog, Analog to modern Digital, Older digital to modern Analog and digital to digital.

ugh :)

The one I have is Analog.

I want to record as "direct sound" as I can through analog, if that makes sense.

I don't know the specific sound I'm looking for yet so I am only looking for comparisons answers. Not personal taste. For me or you.

I know it's a tough questionnaire and I'd be grateful for detailed answers.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
There is no comparison answer because nothing makes analog vs digital better for anyone BUT personal taste. Some people crawl the earth looking for the perfect old analog mixer and tubes and record to reel-to-reel still. The problem is that at some point, that analog information somewhere along the way has to be digital nowadays, and that's is always the weakest link in the chain. Those same people will spend hundreds of thousands on a good digital interface and analog converters.
There is no comparison answer because nothing makes analog vs digital better for anyone BUT personal taste. Some people crawl the earth looking for the perfect old analog mixer and tubes and record to reel-to-reel still. The problem is that at some point, that analog information somewhere along the way has to be digital nowadays, and that's is always the weakest link in the chain. Those same people will spend hundreds of thousands on a good digital interface and analog converters.

Solution