Mixing mic audio into 2 discrete audio streams.

dachief173

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Scenario: We have two wireless headsets that will be used for consuming game audio. I need a way to mix mic audio into those streams to provide instructions to the users during the experience. Then mix back to straight audio afterwards.

I have 2 PC's outputting a single audio stream from each. What would be the easiest way to mix in Mic audio into each of the streams to be sent to a wireless transmitter. To clarify, mixing in mic audio into each one separately, so that I can go from full source audio to VO and back to source audio on each stream independently. Sending VO into one stream without affecting the other.

I'm no audio expert and I really appreciate the help! Thank You!

Solution
You need an audio mixer for each user.
Audio Mixers have several inputs (eg one for microphone, one for computer audio), and one (usually) or several outputs (eg each user' headphones).

You will also need some form of audio splitter if you want to feed single audio source (your mic) into several audio mixers. Manipulating input volumes on the mixer will let your voice to be mixed with other audio signal. Your wireless mic could have two outputs already.

While all this can be achieved with off-the-shelf components, you can ask an electronic engineer for simple custom circuit to do that.
You need an audio mixer for each user.
Audio Mixers have several inputs (eg one for microphone, one for computer audio), and one (usually) or several outputs (eg each user' headphones).

You will also need some form of audio splitter if you want to feed single audio source (your mic) into several audio mixers. Manipulating input volumes on the mixer will let your voice to be mixed with other audio signal. Your wireless mic could have two outputs already.

While all this can be achieved with off-the-shelf components, you can ask an electronic engineer for simple custom circuit to do that.

Solution