Mobile gaming: Gaming smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKarush

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Hello everybody

I'm a belgian student and i have to reposition HTC as a smartphone brand. Now i'm looking into the niche market of gaming. Now i have a few questions

Is there a need for gaming smartphones?

Is there a need now?

Will there be a need in the future?

What does a gaming smartphone need Hardwarewise?

Would you buy a gaming smartphone over a regular smartphone?

Thanks for answering.

Solution
Lets approach this way. When smartphone era started, gaming computers and consoles were already saturated for gaming. But they came at a cost which might not have been affordable to everyone, specially gaming computers. With the advent of mobile gaming, the competition fired up for better configurations and hardwares across all platforms. Not to mention the standard of gaming evolved all these time.
Today, although AAA gaming is still pretty much limited to computers and consoles, numerous Indie games and competitive titles like Asphalt and Critical Ops are taking mobile gaming to the next level. And all this is possible because mobile hardware and operating platforms have reduced the gap with their bigger brothers pretty fast, over the...

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
Lets approach this way. When smartphone era started, gaming computers and consoles were already saturated for gaming. But they came at a cost which might not have been affordable to everyone, specially gaming computers. With the advent of mobile gaming, the competition fired up for better configurations and hardwares across all platforms. Not to mention the standard of gaming evolved all these time.
Today, although AAA gaming is still pretty much limited to computers and consoles, numerous Indie games and competitive titles like Asphalt and Critical Ops are taking mobile gaming to the next level. And all this is possible because mobile hardware and operating platforms have reduced the gap with their bigger brothers pretty fast, over the last few years.
It wont take long for the mobile platform to catch up in the future with AAA games, although the amount of time it will take is debatable and depends how fast the mobile phone industry adapts to this genre.
Mobile gaming is not only cheaper but with the level of graphics we see these days, its almost as gratifying and alluring as console or pc gaming.

Now, to address your queries. Ofcourse this is my take and in no way generalizes the perspective.

> Yes there is need for gaming smartphone. They are already there but better gaming platforms will have more demand.
> There is a need now as well as in future and this need will only grow over time.
> Hardware wise more powerful processors and graphics units are primary requirements.
> Todays young generation already prefers a gaming smartphone over regular ones.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.