Question Mobile Hotspot not working- number not found-Straighttalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killr_Caboose_2014

Honorable
May 14, 2014
I bought (April, 2020) a Galaxy A50 from Walmart and transferred my service from my previous galaxy J7 5 to the A50. Mobile hotspot had worked fine on the J7 before (was originally a verizon phone I got from my dad but had added it into straighttalk). Ever since I got the A50 my mobile hotspot has not worked. At first the error message was something like no subscription found/ unable to register. Now the message is "Unable to connect: Mobile number not found". I have taken the SIM out and put it back in, and done everything the droidguy directions have said other than a factory reset. I truly do not want to do a factory reset if at all possible, as I have already added so much content to this phone and am in grad school, so I don't want to have to invest the hours to put it back together again. Any recommendations? Also, just as a note, I live in Munroe Falls, OH and noted that AT&T SIMs from straighttalk do not allow the tethering (but this SIM is from Georgia originally, which was on Verizon towers; I noted that Verizon is not a network that pops up on the data networks available when I can choose a manual network)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020
I am having the same issue except hotspot worked fine until last night then started giving me the "phone number not found". My plan just renewed on the 1st so being out of hotspot data is not the issue, I have reset network settings, then reset all settings, hard reboot, removed sim booted up then power off insert sim and power up. But still has same error.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am having the same issue except hotspot worked fine until last night then started giving me the "phone number not found". My plan just renewed on the 1st so being out of hotspot data is not the issue, I have reset network settings, then reset all settings, hard reboot, removed sim booted up then power off insert sim and power up. But still has same error.
This is a different issue. You should start your own thread, instead of hijacking another.

Reactions: mejustsayin
Status
Not open for further replies.