Question Modem/Wifi Help

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,

I am looking to switch to Comcast from an archaic ATT DSL and am trying to figure out the best modem/router combination. I am looking to create 5x CAT V direct connections and would like to loop in an access point at the far end of my house as well. I have an older extender right now that doesn't have good speed, leading me to think I should wire it in. I definitely want to use a mesh extender and avoid having separate networks as I do now. Looking for the best recommendations to accomplish this. I have looked at Orbi/Nighthawk etc on Netgear's page and there are too many options right now. I have Ring Cameras on the corners of my house I am trying to include with better connectivity as well.

I'm considering a good Nighthawk AX with an extender, but not sure what I should do for Modem and which router would be best for multiple CAT V outputs.

Thanks.

May 2, 2021
Not sure if you still need this answered, but have you looked into Synology (https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/RT2600ac)? They also have a mesh extender that is beyond simple to set up if you need more range. I believe the router has 4 ethernet ports, but you can always get a cheap switch to hang off of one of those ports if you need > 4. As for the modem, I am not familiar with Comcast, but do they not provide you with a modem when you sign up?