Modern Warfare 2 Goggles Are For Perverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

erloas

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
If someone wanted night vision goggle for that sort of thing they could buy them without the game from any number of places.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Obviously. Because every gamer is a 43 year old in their mom's basement who would love to get some. This is obviously what they will be used for.

Assumptions much? By in large I think they will be used for just good humor, and other things such as paintball/airsoft etc, and less than illegal activities. Calm down k? :)

In other news....this happened to be on the same page as this article...yay for google adverts?

"Digital Night Vision Goggles
We Carry A Large Selection of High Quality Night Vision Goggles!
OpticsHQ.com"

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
if you do some basic research about night vision you will se that there are more than one generations of devices out there; for the price, you probably get a first gen. night vision, and that is not so good; not even for peeping Tom..Just look it up

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
If you expect these to perform anywhere close to the $400+ goggles you see in movies I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
u can be a better perv using cheap binoculars. Also a nifty trick, the nightvision in your sony handycam can see through woman's cloth clothing...SONY HANDYCAMS ARE FOR PERVS!!!!

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
... Honestly, if we gamers we'rent such a relaxed bunch we might actually take offense to this opinion.

There's a lot of other stupid stuff we can do that doesn't involve being a peeping tom that would involve night vision :p

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
That's the problem with posting sarcasm on the net, some people are so f***ing stupid they will take everything seriously. I tell you, stupid is going around, its a lot more contagious than the common flu. Lots of people infected with stupid...H1N1 isn't what we should be afraid of, stupid is. It has already brought common sense close to extinction, morals are gone since the 80s, and justice? HA! With all the lawyers around its been dead for a while.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
It's easy to make these already, all you need is:
a webcam or digital camera
developed film negatives
scissors
*and if you want to get ambitious*
an led flashlight
and Infrared leds

Dissemble the camera, over the sensor you will see a piece of glass or plastic (the infrared filter) remove it carefully. Cut out a piece of the developed film negative where there is no image, to fit over the sensor. Mount it to the sensor tightly using the mount that held the ir filter or find some other creative way. Put the camera back together. Viola you have an infrared camera.

*ambitious* Take apart your led flashlight, desolder the white leds, replace them with the ir leds and you have an IR flashlight. You will not be able to see it giving off light with your eyes but it will light the whole room up for the camera. The IR flashlight provides the extra IR light that you need to see through bras!

Hurray for science!

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I can confirm that these work for seeing through clothes just not well lol it does make coke appear clear which is AWESOME and you can see neato things on your money (uv isnt the only thing they've been using) I modded my IR camera for a multitouch surface esq project I was working on. You can really get pervy and modify old camera phones to do this, just remove the ir filter and add the film negative and you're golden. The IR filter will apear redish so you know what to look for.

Here is an instructable for the IR multitouch system:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Interactive-Multitouch-Display/

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I think the people who "think" gamers will use the goggles is just projecting their own personal views on what THEY would do with them. Just how better cops/detectives are great because they think like criminals, these people just "know" gamers will use them for peeping.

mosz

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
This is just classic bullying. People just "ass"ume all gamers are single and have no life. What a load of bull. Damm haters. Is this what journalism has come to?

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
ARE U F%$&* KIDDING ME?!?!?

LOL, what idiots.....

Funny, gamers get night vision goggles, and we are called perverts. But, when was the last time anyone took a trip to walmart? THEY SELL NIGHT VISION GOGGLES TO KIDS...

Not knocking night vision, or the fact that kids can get there hands on them, but honestly, don't these people have better things to do? Seriously, stop creating problems and start solving them. Technology is here to stay, deal with it.

P.S. I think i'll buy a pair... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.