Modern Warfare 2 'Mapathy' DLC Hits March 30

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theramman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
LOL Thank the gamer gods for BC2!!!
IW needs to take notes... walking in LITTLE maps is only fun for a month or so (espically with no dedicated servers that wont lag). Where BC2 one section is about the size of a normal MW2 map.
Ive uninstalled MW2 since ive got BC2, but when MW3 comes ill wait till its on sale(I do like the story and thats it).
But its "nice" to see big publishers still pushing PC fan base away and trading us for consoles.

Thanks IW ;)

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
if they get exclusive DLC to any of the consoles, that doesnt hit the PC, i'm gona sue their asses... just let them try pull somethin like someone did with shift.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I've barely played MW2 since I bought it back in December. I fought through the single player and maybe have spent a total of 30 minutes battling online. BC2 is a lot of fun with the destructible environments (although I still have a lot of problems connecting). Nonetheless, I wonder if the pc DLC is going to be free?

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
By DLC do they mean the milking people kind of DLC?

If its not free its gonna fail...

Its like an Apple made shooter, its so locked in its not even worth playing.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Since installing bfbc2 (on the best platform i might add - pc) mw2 has been un-installed and will never see the light of day again. mwahaha

si7entsam

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]Rule 34 on girl in pic![/citation]
Dude this isn't 4chan, and for good reason.
I like BF:BC2 for the PC alot better so far. Graphics are hot. With Metro 2033 out very soon, looks like we have an array of great games to choose from =P

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
[citation][nom]wonspur[/nom]Play tf2... 20 dollars for an amazing game with endless amounts of free content and community maps that are awesome...[/citation]
While I do love me some BC2, I gotta say that TF2 is easily the best gaming value EVER. All of those class updates? FREE. Bless you Valve.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
If they seriously think that chick is representative of their audience, they're far more out of touch with their customers than even I, an avid PC Gamer and boycotter, could have ever imagined.

OR MAYBE THEY'RE SPOT ON

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Dedicated servers? NO
Good handle on cheaters and exploits? NO
Control of vehicles? NO
Destructable Environments? NO
Proper A.I. in Co-Op and Offline? NO NO
LAG? Oh MW2 has lots of that

I own both but I wont be playing MW2 much more. Regardless of my rant above its a good game. Its the same game that was released back in 07 infact. Infinity Ward should know better by now. Its not about how good your graphics are. Thats only a small part of it.

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Activision can put the map pack where the game should've gone, in their arse. Only way I will buy any COD title is if/when it's made by the recently departed IW employees under their own studio title.... if it has dedicated servers.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]timbo[/nom]Activision can put the map pack where the game should've gone, in their arse. Only way I will buy any COD title is if/when it's made by the recently departed IW employees under their own studio title.... if it has dedicated servers.[/citation]

I'll still buy Treyarch's games. CoDWaW is better than IW's games in every way.

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I like WAW, but my favorite title was IW's Modern Warfare. I took all that time to learn how to use the Radiant tool: Comiling BSP, light options, reflections, fast files, custom audio scripts, custom video scripts, how to make things move scripts, how to make & import custom models, how to build the appropriate clips, teleports, custom load screens, how to make destructable models so they blow up & are replaced with a model of your choice, textures, even how to create & import custom terrain built from a heigtmap of your choosing or making, which is no small feat as models have no collision; which means learning the vertex editor functions. All those hundreds of hours of learning, creating maps & anticipating mw2 to find they screwed the mod community that supported them & helped in their success. Dice did the same thing. They may have given us dedicated servers, but they witheld mod tools, which is dirty. Because several of the developers got their start & got noticed through the work they did using the mod tools from previous Battlefield titles. And now those very same people once hired by Dice say it's not a good idea to have mod tools available. Hyporcrisy & greed. Not cool. IW has done neither of those things to it's community base & I hope that the 2 recently-departed founding members forge their own successful game studio & hold to their past standards of community support.

***Rant over***

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
And by the way I anticipate Treyarch's next COD title won't have mod tools either, seeing as their production is also controlled by Activision's greedy Bobby Kotex. You know, they guy who says he wants & like to inspire an atmosphere of fear amongst his employees. Who would charge $100 a game or more if he could get away with it. If you play COD series on the pc, go look @ the hundreds & hundreds of awesome maps available for free, built by the community's effort & love for the game. That's over. Because of greed.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
[citation][nom]the last resort[/nom]screw new maps. How about they try releasing a patch that makes guns more evenly matched and realistic (assault rifles more accurate than SNIPER RIFLES? BFS.) and also add a kick button for cheaters, which will them lock their account.[/citation]

And also a Mute All Button for those dumbasses who have a hearing problem that goes through the mic and also it would be nice to move the death tag of who you killed at the bottom of the screen to somewhere else. it covers up my heartbeat sensor every time i kill someone

G

BC2 have replaced MW2 for ps3 in my collection. Originally got it for XBox but tired of paying for xbox live, Sold it and god it for PS3. when the PS3 online is free and just as good as live. No more Xbox games for now. BC2 is a different game then MW2. Bad Company 2 has more realistic play vs MW2 run and gun (repeat). the only Mapathy i have is for the fools who pay for Xbox live vs free PS3. ya its only $50 a year. I used to be an avivd xbox live player. It should be relased for all users together, but again IW shows us they only care for $. M$ probaly lined their pockets with cash.

I agree with the other people who posted a Fraction of BC2 maps would be a entire MW2 map, but both games are great in their own way. you have Realistic War BC2 and Run and Gun MW2. your choice, both are great in their own way.

I will get the MW2 maps because most friends will. However top choice of game is Bad company 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.