Modern Warfare 2 Virus Infects Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Hmmm so if I find out I have unlimited ammo I am to reboot my system and "fix" the "issue".... LOL I give that like a 1 in 1,000 chance of that happening.

I do not own a 360 but if I did and I was playing this online I would be happy to have this glitch happen to me lol

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Heh... To think that something like a virus could come to a console... And thanks to a system Microsoft designed... lol.

And don't give me that "but it was Infinity Ward / Activision 's fault", because it's spreading on the MS Live Network bypassing it's security model (if there's any). I'll only give the fact that it ain't a virus per sé, but still applies the term "infection".

Cheers! xD!

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Wait... What? I thought consoles were superior to computers... They can get viruses?

OK enough sarcasm. So is the next thing to come out for compu... (oops) I mean consoles are anti-virus programs?

MitchMeister-

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Heh... To think that something like a virus could come to a console... And thanks to a system Microsoft designed... lol.And don't give me that "but it was Infinity Ward / Activision 's fault", because it's spreading on the MS Live Network bypassing it's security model (if there's any). I'll only give the fact that it ain't a virus per sé, but still applies the term "infection".Cheers! xD![/citation]

If you read the article, they are calling it an virus because of how it spreads, not something that was actually written by someone to exploit it. It is a glitch that developed that loads into your xbox when you come across it in matches. So your pointing out that it is a Microsoft product getting a virus is stupid.

wardy22

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
honestly, i started seaching for 4 games in a row of ground war, each of them was domination on rust

9v9+Rust+Unlimited Automatic noobtube = epic (or impossible to play)

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
From the experience I've had with console players....they will praise this like the best thing since sliced bread. What's not to love? Other than making a game unplayable.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I hope they find out where this virus originated from and put this person behind bars for like 5 years or so. I'm so tired of all these cheaters and hackers that i hope we start seeing some of them dragged behind cars.............

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I can already imagine MW2 console players putting a couple of fans in every side of the Xbox and adding a Honda Power Generator for as long as they can to enjoy this so blessed virus.

Or maybe IW can remotely restart the consoles from the IW ( Which i Don't think so)

I can imagine the security patch (IW-KB43ll - security update that address a serious flaw that could allow an attacker do a remote code execution and thereby taking full possession of the user's Xbox Live account including his money and his MW2 license) Virus side effects: unlimited ammo for a while.)

Well, it is funny though, let'see what happens.

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
lolololololololololol

I actually find it funny that the PC version hasn't been plagued with any of the problems like Javelin Exploit w or this for that matter...Mind you we do have hackers every now and then (Or so some say) but i mean you just leave the game and find another one and your g2g.

frozenlead

Distinguished
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]I hope they find out where this virus originated from and put this person behind bars for like 5 years or so. I'm so tired of all these cheaters and hackers that i hope we start seeing some of them dragged behind cars.............[/citation]

Are you serious? It's just a game...

rippleyhakd

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
LOL, virus?? UH it is a glitch in the game. Ya know.. the CHEATS that plagues xbox live.. My question is, why didnt their punkbuster equivilant. (name escapes me).. why didnt it catch this?? And it loads in an xbox's cache.. BUT it is repeatable.. meaning good luck stoping this one. I can just see the next xploit comming.. ps3's and xbox 360's that are online, will get a trojan, and become the 40MIL node spammer bots.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
This is EXACTLY why Microsoft banned modders from XBox Live. I believe I mentioned that exactly this could happen if they did not in an earlier post.

And the XBox is a PC. Any computer device that runs on software can get a virus. The reason consoles typically do not is because they are closed ecosystems. Having the ability for anyone to write code to a device, upload it, and distribute it to anyone, is what enables a virus to spread. You cannot do that on the XBox without modding. Same on the Wii. And the same on the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.