Modern Warfare 3 Beats Avatar: Passes $1 Billion in 16 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Pure profit since there was little done to the game engine itself and basically just dev'ing new skins, throw in a new story line, and gaming zones. Good for them and hope this helps the gaming industry as a whole to continue producing quality games. Also no one can say COD MW does not have the best commercials!!! lol

gavenr

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I think the only way COD can keep this up for the next game that comes out is to be on the next generation consoles. 60 frames is nice but there needs to be something different to the game. The only way i see this working is for next generations bump the graphics, make it coop and to see the theather mode have more than one person viewing at a time. Alot of this is limited because of our current generation of consoles but soon we will start to see some crazy games...

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Wow.. Tom's is starting to really suck at getting "news' out when it is actually still news.

Way to be 2 days old there Toms.

julius 85

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]gavenr[/nom]I think the only way COD can keep this up for the next game that comes out is to be on the next generation consoles. 60 frames is nice but there needs to be something different to the game. The only way i see this working is for next generations bump the graphics, make it coop and to see the theather mode have more than one person viewing at a time. Alot of this is limited because of our current generation of consoles but soon we will start to see some crazy games...[/citation]

That's where your wrong. They haven't changed anything since MW1 and the game is setting new records each year. It doesn't make sense. It's like the idiots are multiplying by osmosis or something.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]That's where your wrong. They haven't changed anything since MW1 and the game is setting new records each year. It doesn't make sense. It's like the idiots are multiplying by osmosis or something.[/citation]
Speaking of idiots: you're*

However, crap like this is going to ruin the gaming industry. "If it sells well, don't change it," will be the new slogan. EA's going to see this money and be jealous, so they're going to consolize titles even further and recycle their content since it apparently works.

luc2k

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
[citation][nom]Lyden[/nom]Shows how many people have it all wrong. BF3 is where it's at.[/citation]
BF3 isn't the great PC FPS most people make it out to be, too many bad design choices. For now I chose neither.

teslafreakshow

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Why do they compare a game to a movie. The game cost 60 fuckign dollars. How much is a movie. Avatar is still much more impressive especially considering they didn't brainwash us all with retarded hype and phony reviews.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]gtx_560tiuser[/nom]this info is just sad.... people buy the same game 3 times .....[/citation]

What makes you think everyone that bought MW3 played the previous COD titles? Think about all the new people coming of age that are getting in to gaming. I find it funny and sophomoric that there are so many posts eluding to the fact the game is SO similar to the previous ones. Well guess what.....there are many people, like myself, that never played the previous titles. For the record, I own BF3 and MW3 now. I like both. So ha ;)

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]What makes you think everyone that bought MW3 played the previous COD titles? Think about all the new people coming of age that are getting in to gaming. I find it funny and sophomoric that there are so many posts eluding to the fact the game is SO similar to the previous ones. Well guess what.....there are many people, like myself, that never played the previous titles. For the record, I own BF3 and MW3 now. I like both. So ha[/citation]
If you're on PC you should have bought 4 instead. 'tis a better game.

gtx_560tiuser

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]If you're on PC you should have bought 4 instead. 'tis a better game.[/citation]
well i bought cod 4 and it was a good game after that it was the same game...every year and year after year and the graphics are the same to ...

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I'm sure this will lead other companies to get $$$-signs in their eyes and start work on even MORE FSP games, just to flood the market. On one hand, it might lead to companies producing better titles in this field, however I fear the focus will leave other gaming models to "go where the money is at".

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well props to Activision I guess. Personally I think its all gone downhill since COD4. BF3 is the first Battlefield game that I've played and it is a lot better than the last few entries in the COD series.

Personally, I haven't played anything but Skyrim since it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.