Modern Warfare 3 Beats Avatar: Passes $1 Billion in 16 Days

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"Fresh off of a win for Best Shooter at the VGAs"

are you @#$ing serious ???? how did this over hyped turd win this ?

"Call of Duty has become that rare entertainment franchise that transcends its own genre. Core gamers love it, as our stellar reviews show. But every year, new people are drawn into Call of Duty"

what a load of crap this game transcends NOTHING it's just the same game recycled over every year , , what's worse is the way activision pissed on the franchises original makers and and then continued cranking these out like madden games.

"Activision's achievement means the company has Avatar's record of 17 days to a $1 billion bet by just one day. The company's $400 million in 24 hours marked the third consecutive year that the COD franchise has set day-one launch records across all forms of entertainment."
It's a shame to our society that this game will be the video game that is remembered for this .

it's a shame that Avatar held that record in the first place , MOST UNORIGINAL block buster movie EVER , they bassically yanked pochantas and glued blue aliens on strange planet over the story.

as some one else said , this onl;y shows how retarded people can be. there are 100's ogf games and countless franchises (even FPSer ones) that are much more meaningful story wise AND game play wise than this crap series.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Lyden[/nom]Shows how many people have it all wrong. BF3 is where it's at.[/citation]

blacklight retribution... im in the beta, easily beats battlefield in fun for me, and if i was on windows 7 with a better gpu, possibly graphically too.

Th-z

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Only bought CoD4 and didn't like the heavily scripted, lack-of-freedom, instakill-if-out-bound campaign, and claustrophobic multiplayer maps where players cage-fighting each other. Haven't tried the rest of series, but if CoD4 is still considered the best of the series and all future versions are just rehashes, then I'll pass. Right now I'm pretty tired of these military shooters. Don't most people get tired of these by now?

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
The only reason i would pick up MW3 is to finish the story(i was a big fan of the campaign since COD: MW1) as of now it sits at $64.55 taxes included of course. And quite frankly besides the few things they added to Multiplayer i don't see a reason to pick it up at that price, maybe 30 or 20 but not $64. There's not enough in it for me to shed out that much over a game that hasn't changed at all. I went to gamestop and i couldn't believe the swarm of idiots there. But as someone stated these kids that once weren't around years ago are now flooding the market to where it will put big numbers up no matter what, next year i can only imagine the next COD from treyarch will beat this years.. I was really surprised how well it sold on top of the fact it was made by 3 developers.. I guess no one really cares and just buys anyways.. Oh well, back to BF3 and the new maps =D

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Chef_Boyardee[/nom]What's the budget of MW3 compared to Avatar? I'd also like to know the ratio of people reaping the benefits vs people working on the project for pay. This could be our tie to call for better game budgets or smaller budgets for movies.[/citation]

The budget for Avatar was >$300m But with bucket-loads of innovation, creativity, and new tech, and a ticket price of only $10-$15... MW3 is just another rehashed turd of a sequel, that people eat up for no sensible reason (other than not being left behind by not having the latest MP levels.)

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gtx_560tiuser[/nom]this info is just sad.... people buy the same game 3 times .....[/citation]
And people have been buying the same Mario/Zelda games for more than 25. I guess what people find fun doesn't change with time. (Full Disclaimer: not a CoD of BF player... FUS RO DAH!)

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Regardless of the status of MW3 as a noob-friendly console port, this is still amazing - and maybe it would force those in the entertainment industry to recognize the force that is now called video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.