Molyneux's 'Curiosity' for PC, Android, and iOS Dated

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Online gambling dressed up as "gaming".

I do recall there is a Chinese MMORG that showers their players with locked crates, but they have to buy the keys.

Some bought thousands of them in hopes of getting something decent...

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I do recall there is a Chinese MMORG that showers their players with locked crates, but they have to buy the keys.Some bought thousands of them in hopes of getting something decent...[/citation]
Sounds like Hat Fortress 2 to me.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Just curious, Peter, just what else can the 'player' buy in order to speed up his/her/it's progress to the centre?

A prize that "is so valuable, and so life-changingly important." - REALLY!!

Beware, Peter, of massaging the rich - do the reast of us really need to witness this?

Please get back to basics and focus on what you do very well.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mesab66[/nom]Just curious, Peter, just what else can the 'player' buy in order to speed up his/her/it's progress to the centre?A prize that "is so valuable, and so life-changingly important." - REALLY!!Beware, Peter, of massaging the rich - do the reast of us really need to witness this?Please get back to basics and focus on what you do very well.[/citation]

making large promises and not living up to even 1/3 of them, yet still making a decent game?

blibba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]mesab66[/nom]Just curious, Peter, just what else can the 'player' buy in order to speed up his/her/it's progress to the centre?A prize that "is so valuable, and so life-changingly important." - REALLY!!Beware, Peter, of massaging the rich - do the reast of us really need to witness this?Please get back to basics and focus on what you do very well.[/citation]

I'd never play this, but I thought this was an interesting article. At least it's not an unedited press release, a 3-day-late news piece, or a retarded rant about Toshiba or Google Wallet.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
..."In the center of the cube is some sort of fantastic reward that's only made available to the person who made the final chip in the cube."

so is worth a try nearer the final stages while spending the Least possible perhaps

Sounds like he is curious to see what idiots spent large $ for 0 extra chance to win xD

G

Am I the only person here who thinks that the word 'dated' has a different meaning to 'has been given a release date'?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Sad to see that this article only mentions the two sub-par games he was behind. I tend to remember him for his great work like Populous, and Theme Park and Dungeon Keeper.

According to Molyneux, it's something that "is so valuable, and so life-changingly important."

No, it really isn't. Trust me Molyneux, you went from insane and talented to just insane.
It won't be a large sum of money because that's too obvious. I know what you are thinking and it's some sort of message that you think has some profound meaning that only you could weave. The "winner" and the world will be in disappointment.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I hate pay-as-you-play, especially when you are paying for items that only have a chance to work. To me, it's a new form of gambling.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
[citation][nom]simbright1[/nom]Am I the only person here who thinks that the word 'dated' has a different meaning to 'has been given a release date'?[/citation]

I read outdated too. I thought it was a cross-platform benchmark or something.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
so... minecraft, but with a prize at the end of the game?

[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]For some people... $77,000 is nothing.The Prize: Lindsey Lohan lives with you for a week.[/citation]
Something tells me she would not exactly be fun to live with... addicts and stars tend to be very boring and shallow people.

thezooloomaster

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
[citation][nom]mesab66[/nom]Please get back to basics and focus on what you do very well.[/citation]
You mean overhype his next game? That's the only thing he's really good at. :p

G

or it could be a formula to set up cold fusion that really works saving the energy needs of the world and maing you filthy rich, then who will not say 50k is not a steal hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS