Mom Calls Cops over Son's Game Addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbl_slaanesh

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I think the issue here isn't the police call or the video games. The main problem is a 49 year old single mother with a 14 year old child and 3 other children who has no idea what the word discipline means.

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
[citation][nom]tbl_slaanesh[/nom]I think the issue here isn't the police call or the video games. The main problem is a 49 year old single mother with a 14 year old child and 3 other children who has no idea what the word discipline means.[/citation]

Exactly

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
The kid obviously needs a good ass whippin'. Oh wait, that's politically incorrect now-a-days isn't it? I guess the mom is out of luck.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Stryter[/nom]The kid obviously needs a good ass whippin'. Oh wait, that's politically incorrect now-a-days isn't it? I guess the mom is out of luck.[/citation]

:lol:

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Kid needs to be backhanded a couple of times.

Too bad you can't do that anymore. I have even hears that you should not put kids in time out because it can cause "mental anguish from being isolated and develop repressed feelings of abandonment that could manifest into greater issues in adulthood." That and it really just doesn't work.

My niece admitted that when she was put it timeout it gave her time to plot revenge. She is one HELL of a prankster for 13. I can no longer visit my brother because I cannot stop laughing at some of the things she does to get revenge and it pushes her to do more.

Seriously though...wtf.

ichbinyogi

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
the fact that the police even responded pisses me off, what a waste of tax payer money.

911 whats your emergency my son refuse to eat his vegitables, dont worry mame we will send two officers and make sure he does.

WTF is next

arvedui

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Obviously, the kid needs to start listening to his Mother and understand that nothing in excess is good.

At the same time, though, the Mother seriously needs to learn a bit more about gaming and how to handle it. The kid is clearly in the wrong, but the Mother could do well with understanding what the kid sees in video games and that'd help her reach out to him more and relate to him.

shouyou

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Lol that sounded like me 5yrs ago. My mom would say go to bed then I would wait like an hour or 2 then get back on.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Playstation 2, if the game was any good. The best one was Vice City. The rest pale to it (besides the classic original 2 1/2D overhead title that was released on PC, that game was great).

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
And of course nothing's been said or done about the fact this woman purchased a video game rated 18 (or R or whatever the US equivalent is) and is therefore breaking the law by exposing her child, or allowing him to be exposed to, adult material?

jags_boy7

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]And of course nothing's been said or done about the fact this woman purchased a video game rated 18 (or R or whatever the US equivalent is) and is therefore breaking the law by exposing her child, or allowing him to be exposed to, adult material?[/citation]
Good work on quoting something that is not breaking the law in any way. This is the equivalent of bringing a child under the age of 17 to a rated R movie. It is up to the discretion of the parent. Nice try though, legal n00b.

Status
Not open for further replies.