Mom Puts Child Up For Sale on Xbox Live

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Still, it would be poetic justice to catch and arrest this fool, and then post a screenshot of this person living the good life bent over in a jail cell Shawshank-style on Xbox Live

"bent over in a jail cell Shawshank-style"?

You must have seen a different movie than I did...

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I would have found it to be a harmless joke if the ad didn't obviously contain her telephone number or private info. I honestly can't believe the fools that actually called her believed to it be a real however. If I saw it I would have taken it as a joke and just assumed the number was a random one they picked from a phone book. The random number may not be the case here but it just as easily could have been and imagine getting phone calls from these idiots.[/citation]

I'd like to add that in this case, whoever put the ad in with the Mother's name and contact info, knew it would draw attention from the Police. To me, it appears as if it was a deliberate attempt to get the Mother in trouble.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
[citation][nom]martin0642[/nom]We need less of the reactionary knee-jerk responses I see here and more actual thought. Everytime anything involves "an innocent little child" people get all stupid and throw reality out the door. More evil is done in this world "to protect the children" than any other BS cause I can think of.Did the poster call the lady? No. Did he harm anyone? No. Did he break a law? Not that I can tell. Being a jerk is not illegal.At most it was against MS terms of service EULA, which is not a legal issue, and at most could get your contract with Microsoft canceled. Before we know it some idiot is going to be "outraged" and "call for new legislation" to "combat this threat" and what it will really end up doing is curtailing our personal freedoms and civil liberties and not have any effect on protecting the "children" that were never in any real danger anyway.More thought, less emotional antics and poorly constructed moral superiority.[/citation]

Not illegal? It's called child laundering. Whether the person said it was a "joke" or not is irrelevant.

I thought this was kind of funny too: "Manos remained confused until she received the 19th call. By then, she had a gut feeling that something was going on. "I knew something wasn't right," she said."
Really? it took 19 calls to realize something wasn't right?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]techtre2003[/nom]I thought this was kind of funny too: "Manos remained confused until she received the 19th call. By then, she had a gut feeling that something was going on. "I knew something wasn't right," she said."Really? it took 19 calls to realize something wasn't right?[/citation]

LOL, yeah on most nights she only gets 18 calls about the for-sale ad for her baby.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]Everyone is overreacting. You can't sell children- it's obviously a joke. I think people who fell for this prank should get their heads out of their arses.[/citation]
I watched a 20/20 or Frontline episode about a "black market" where wealthy individuals purchase babies, usually because they can’t have a child of their own.

Private sales of Children do occur, I think you are naive to think differently.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]ailgatrat[/nom]I'd like to add that in this case, whoever put the ad in with the Mother's name and contact info, knew it would draw attention from the Police. To me, it appears as if it was a deliberate attempt to get the Mother in trouble.[/citation]
Indeed, a stalker perhaps, or maybe just an angry/twisted X ?!

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Wow. First E-Bay, then Craigslist, and now XBL. I don't know what's worse the very fact that someone would post such an ad, joke or not, or that even if a joke, its been done over and over already. Find a new one.

Bungwa

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
I love a good prank/joke as well as next the next fellow and I am far from wanting to be politically correct, infact the whole PC issue bothers me.IMO people should not take what others say so serious and worry about more important issues, but this guy carried it just a wee bit too far..names, phone numbers and such should have been left out...but that is just what it is....my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.