Monitor and Laptop are not working and keep flickering on together and then the laptop

MaxAttack102

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
My monitor, HP LV2311, is presenting ,but then stops presenting seconds later, while my laptop switches with it, this is only if I connect my VGA to HDMI, which is connected to a VGA to VGA cable, i tried almost every method including fn and f5. Should I just buy a dvi-d to hdmi cable?

Hi,

Start by trying another cable that may be the cause of the problem because if both the monitor and laptop display blinks that means the laptop is thinking that the external monitor is being disconnected and reconnected. :) Also do try a different monitor that has HDMI connector on it and see if the same problem will persist because if not that mean's it's just the cable you're using. :)

Komayy

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015

Could be driver issues, or even an overclock if you have an AMD GPU and you've overclocked with CCC. Revert all clocks if done and update your video driver, windows search > device manager > display adapters > right click > update driver software and select search the internet.