More Details Surrounding MSFT's Standalone TV Box Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
someone needs to create a service that sells me the channels i want to watch. not 200+ channels just so i can watch the 5-10 channels i only watch.

toms my babys daddy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]someone needs to create a service that sells me the channels i want to watch. not 200+ channels just so i can watch the 5-10 channels i only watch.[/citation]

apple tv?

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]I was going to read the article, then I saw that pic O.O[/citation]

Yea, I was like TV what? Oh... hehe... Xbox girl, gargle gargle gargle..

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]someone needs to create a service that sells me the channels i want to watch. not 200+ channels just so i can watch the 5-10 channels i only watch.[/citation]
Thats NEVER going to happen. You'd end up with the cable providers only offering the most wanted channels while smaller niche ones would wither and die as there wouldn't be enough subscribers to adequately support them (in their current form).
I know what you mean though, if I want just 4 or 5 channels but have to purchase an expensive package comprising of 150 channels I'd be pretty pissed as well. Remember though, its the fees from those large bundle packages that support and fund the channels that nobody (well, not many people anyway) would ever want to pay for in an al-a-carte system.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008

100% behind you man !
I am interested in only a handful of channels but, for example, am forced to buy a whole 'sports package' full of Football, Baseball, Basketball and NASCAR (non of which interest me) just to be able to watch the Formula One races on the Speed Channel.

Sorry, waste of my time, money and bandwidth. Keep it.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
XBOX 540 (like the girl showing her behind). Is this device like Vista? Like when Xbox 720 arrives, it will supplant this TV box having all the features included?

Though I like a motion controlled TV for those lazy bums to at least burn calories instead of just pointing a remote... wait they have a choice so probably this won't sell much.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Thats NEVER going to happen. You'd end up with the cable providers only offering the most wanted channels while smaller niche ones would wither and die as there wouldn't be enough subscribers to adequately support them (in their current form).I know what you mean though, if I want just 4 or 5 channels but have to purchase an expensive package comprising of 150 channels I'd be pretty pissed as well. Remember though, its the fees from those large bundle packages that support and fund the channels that nobody (well, not many people anyway) would ever want to pay for in an al-a-carte system.[/citation]
For most of the rest of the world, you make a product, try to sell it, and if it is something people want then people buy it, otherwise you pack up and go home. I dont want to pay money for things I dont watch. I really dont want to pay money for the privileged to watch something that has commercials. Let the little stuff die off, or find a new outlet for their content that their viewers appreciate, and others don't have to subsidize. The way people are canceling cable service these days I am sure something will change soon enough.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Thats NEVER going to happen. You'd end up with the cable providers only offering the most wanted channels while smaller niche ones would wither and die as there wouldn't be enough subscribers to adequately support them (in their current form).I know what you mean though, if I want just 4 or 5 channels but have to purchase an expensive package comprising of 150 channels I'd be pretty pissed as well. Remember though, its the fees from those large bundle packages that support and fund the channels that nobody (well, not many people anyway) would ever want to pay for in an al-a-carte system.[/citation]

So the question is "Why am I forced to subsidize crap channels like LOGO, OWN, CMT, MTV, Disney, 20+ shopping channels, 20+ religious channels, and like 50 foreign channels when I only watch 10 or 15 channels max?". It's like I am being forced to pay for programming that I don't approve and/or care about. What kind of commie totalitarian system is that???

hawkwindeb

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Am I the only one who stared at that girl's bottom for more than 10 seconds?[/citation]
Afterwards was there a happy ending?

Oh yeh, that's the XBOX I want to play! Any more pics of her?

Status
Not open for further replies.