More Evidence of Android Apps for RIM Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
... never had a blackberry before... and im not sure how to feel about the rim android thing, but its a choice, and if the services and hardware is there, why not!

frostyfireball

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
This would be a great selling point for the playbook and now blackberries that's for sure, it would help the android community aswell i'll bet. It could create more developer interest for the platform.
I'm curious what google thinks about this.

G

No, the Android apps already all run via VMs on Android OS and they are very fast. Watch out Apple - Open always wins over Closed.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]frostyfireball[/nom]I'm curious what google thinks about this.[/citation]
They are probably thinking $$$

That's a lot of business users that will now have access to the Android marketplace, can't see why they would have a problem with it.

G

honestly, who really cares about this? wooowww, if you really care this much about being able to use this crap on a different phone, go out and buy the phone.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
This really is the biggest 'who cares' story. This is a last 'me too' grab by RIM to save their struggling brand. Realistically as soon as Android offers a 'secure enough' Outlook integration it's bye bye to RIM and all their additional and expensive BES servers and cr*p. Push email is no longer a 'killer app', it's a standard feature

Status
Not open for further replies.