More PSP Hoopla: The Sliding Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
So this is an ugly PSP with a bigger screen, 2 analog sticks, and no L and R buttons. Another thing is that , why does sony actually bother with remodeling current tech if peope wont by it. People want systems with good games and thats what the psp is really lacking. And thats the reason that the DS is kicking their butts ever since the psp came out.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I love my PSP... I had no idea they were doing poorly.

I have never got into the movies however, the format is not inviting as only the PSP will play it.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
From this pic, how can you say there are no L\R buttons? Looks like a nice resting place back there for some fingers, some fingers that could be pulling triggers. I doubt highly they would include a second analog and take away the triggers. I am thinking the triggers are underneath, more like a 360 controller vs. on the top like the older PSP.

Honestly, I wish MS would make a portable in the shape of a 360 controller, just a bit wider with a screen in the middle.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]So this is an ugly PSP with a bigger screen, 2 analog sticks, and no L and R buttons. Another thing is that , why does sony actually bother with remodeling current tech if peope wont by it. People want systems with good games and thats what the psp is really lacking. And thats the reason that the DS is kicking their butts ever since the psp came out.[/citation]

its just some fan based concept image.. not the real thing. if it was, the title would probably be something like "Sony releases official image of the new PSP-4000" i guess.

shabodah

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
It's been a frustrating time to into the PSP. Last fall gave us hope that serious titles were on the way, and while there were some very good releases, not enough of them. I don't really care for how Nintendo is always forcing developers to use the touchscreen abilities of the DS, but the system sure does have a lot of great games that otherwise have no reason they shouldn't be on the PSP as well. Personally, I use almost every function of my PSP, and really wish SONY would support the homebrew community and drop the stupid produo port for a regular SD one (the article above does not explain the difference).

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
The image is fake, and old.

With that out of the way. I certainly hope they add a second analog stick and L2 and R2. During regular play L2 and R2 would be useless, and the right analog stick could be reassigned to different things so that is could work in a dual analog setup proper (like in Battlefront).

But then it would function exactly as a PS3 controller for remote play.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Why bother redesigning it with the end user's biggest gripe being the screen quality diminishes per revision. I have a launch version and the screen supposedly is superior to what is out now. Aesthetically, the system looks good to me. I wouldn't say that a Nintendo DS lite looks any better. Those seem flimsy at best. I've probably played more DS than PSP but PSP is a good system and much more powerful than a DS.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]Woa...if it was the thingy in the picture, i would definitely be impressed.[/citation]
Why?

At Sony's ability to make a console more painful to play since the Original NES?

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Why?At Sony's ability to make a console more painful to play since the Original NES?[/citation]

Yes.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I always wished for a touch screen on the psp. That would make it perfect. Never had any probs with the performance or screen just that it was too clunky to use compared to the ds. Guess I wont be buying this revision of it either...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Don't care about a touchscreen personally, just want two analog sticks, or just for the current controls to be positioned better. I love my PSP, play it quite often.. though there is a lack of games here in the US. I import a lot of my games, which is another nice plus to the PSP.. it comes region free. Even if I can only read a little japanese, I can still play some great games I'd otherwise miss.

I've never liked the analog stick on the PSP, however.. it's just not very comfortable to use, in my opinion. A re-design of the controls to be a bit more comfortable or accessible would definitely be a bonus in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.