Solved! Motherboard burnt chip, ORIGIN EON-13S

Aug 17, 2019
So, unfortunately, my laptop dropped the other day (my luck), and ceased to turn on. After waiting a couple days, I tried turning it on again and the power light turned on BUT, you can feel a burning feeling coming from the motherboard.

Disconnected everything and opened to check what it was, and unfortunately a chip is now burned. Wanted help to see how I can get it repaired, where, costs, or if it’s a DIY procedure that’s possible.

Please advise . My original plan was to dump this motherboard and install a new one but that’s practically a new laptop..

Here are photos of the situation.

Solution
If you had to ask what to do here, doing it yourself is out. Cost to fix this may be as much as a motherboard, you would have to find a place around you that does system repair like this. Unless you are in some tech hub in China, it won't be too easy. It does not look like a clean bad chip, looks like there is damage around it on the board as well. Pretty sure you are 100% looking at a new motherboard.

Looks like it's a system from 2013, you may be able to find a used working model and just move your drive into it. Or replace it with a $750-1000 new system that will be as fast or faster.
If you had to ask what to do here, doing it yourself is out. Cost to fix this may be as much as a motherboard, you would have to find a place around you that does system repair like this. Unless you are in some tech hub in China, it won't be too easy. It does not look like a clean bad chip, looks like there is damage around it on the board as well. Pretty sure you are 100% looking at a new motherboard.

Looks like it's a system from 2013, you may be able to find a used working model and just move your drive into it. Or replace it with a $750-1000 new system that will be as fast or faster.

Solution