Motherboard Replacing will wipe data or not?

Kiko_18

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I'm getting a new motherboard tomorrow and I'm replacing my current motherboard, if i replace my motherboard will all my installed games, desktop files, documents and pretty much everything be wiped out ? Also, I'm running windos 8 64 bit on my current build and i only have 1 HDD (Local Disc C;) 500 gb please help guys

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Oct 31, 2015
If you're replacing your motherboard with a different model, you'll have to do a clean install of Windows because it likely won't boot from the HDD. In that case you'll have to back up all your data and format the drive. If replacing it with an identical motherboard, it should boot OK, although it's not guaranteed.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Oct 31, 2015
If you're replacing your motherboard with a different model, you'll have to do a clean install of Windows because it likely won't boot from the HDD. In that case you'll have to back up all your data and format the drive. If replacing it with an identical motherboard, it should boot OK, although it's not guaranteed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
Layton99 Laptop Tech Support 4
bjsmasth Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
b0rnt0rul3 Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3