Motion Control Comes to Nintendo DSi

Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Can anyone actually take the DS seriously?[/citation]
It's just another Gameboy to me, I grew up and moved to PC. But I can't lie, I still appreciate it when I settle in for some Final Fantasy or Legend of Zelda on long trips.

On another note, when do I get SNES emulators for my Android? Imagine that, *POOF* No more need for silly Gameboys anymore...

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
TH. The 'add URL' feature doesnt seem to be working??

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/07/nintendo-dsi-motion-control-demoed-by-engine-software/

G

Oh Great, just friggin' Great!

Now we'll see kids on the street and in street acting all spastic and freaking out and people looking at them will wonder what the 'ell is Wrong with them, not realizing that they are playing with a DSi.

Oh wait, aren't kids already like that these days any how without the DSi?

G

Another time I could have used edit.

I meant to say on the streets and in school acting all spastic and freaking out.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]On another note, when do I get SNES emulators for my Android?[/citation]
Wow I should have Googled before I spoke... I had no idea there were so many different emulators for Android! Now if only I had HP's Android slate I'd be in business!

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
This won't work.
Why? Because portable is what it is. Portable. Users are using their palm on the actual console, moving it alot while pressing buttons, d-pad or stylus. It isn't STABLE so motion will be inaccurate or very jerky.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
It does not seem that new when you read the comments at the url provided.
There has been motion control for Gameboy Advanced games before and unofficial DScard for motion control too, cf. another article from the same Joystick website http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2007/01/05/third-party-motion-sensor-now-available/ ... from Jan 2007.

It seems that the only missing thing is real games for the DS that use that.
Some one could at least do some port of iphone/ipodTouch games to DS ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.