Moto: 4G Support Makes $800 Xoom Price Fair

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacka

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
The SPAM on Tom's is out of control. Get some decent CAPTCHA and account verification controls on your login. Then start banning accounts. This is 2011 now, Why are your running a tech site like 2001?

farrow099

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Worst Retort Ever! heh

~This could be a half decent excuse if it were shipping with LTE, but it isn't. Which makes this nothing more than marketing rhetoric. If Apple tried this, Google fans would have a field day with it.

I have a wifi only ipad and a sprint evo 4g, so no camp allegiance here.

On a related note; I barely get "4G" service at work in Boston (1 bar). I get NO 4G service at home (outside of Providence) despite this being listed as a supported city. And I am stuck paying a premium for it! I expect Verizon users will see the same spotty 4G coverage for a long time.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
is it free 4g? like the 3g on amazon's kindle, which boosts its price by $50. if it's free 4g (no contracts/monthly fees for the life of the product) then it is if you want a tablet like that. otherwise...NO.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]waylander[/nom]why is it that $550 for a 16gb wifi ipad is ok but $600 for a dual core processor, 4x the ram and twice the storage, usb and sd card and 2 cameras not worth it?you guys need to give your head a shake and lose the the apple brainwashing[/citation]
Because my dual core, 32GB with a sensitive capacitive touch and beautiful AMOLED MP3 player only cost me $250.

flipt

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Mot really needed to beat the iPad with price in order to make people who want an iPad take a hard look at it. Most people don't know what the specs mean and they will roll with what they hear is the way to go. If Mot could have beaten the price, then people would have looked at it more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.