Moto Offering $100 Credit to Users Who Won't Get Jelly Bean

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefizzle656

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
What a joke. If this was a really a meaningful gesture they would be sending $100 to everybody who purchased one of these phones with the expectation that they could update from 4.0 to 4.1 (which is an incredibly reasonable expectation IMO, not like going from 4.0 to 5.0). They are basically saying "we are willing to take a small hit on our profit margins if you give us your money again".

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
That's pathetic. You could get more by selling it on Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist. Then they have to make it sound like they are being generous to fix their own shortcoming of not allowing upgrades for pretty new devices. I would be insulted by this if I had bought any of those phones.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Rebate cards are a joke. You pay 100% out of pocket and get a small fraction of the cash back weeks or months later. This can hardly be called a discount, as it's so far divorced from the purchase and has no impact on how much you actually pay when you pick it up.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
That's why you only buy Nexus phones. Guaranteed at least a couple upgrades. But I think my GNex will be good for at least "Milk Shake" or beyond.

vidfreek

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah I purchased their original Droid X almost 2 years ago, been stuck in my contract but I dont get any love because its not an X2? Just crazy and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there, I also bought their original Droid before I picked up the X but I guess I'm not loyal enough to get a rebate? I'd gladly get a new Razr Maxx over something else with that kind of savings, but it looks like they wont get any more repeat business from me, Galaxy S3 or Windows 8 Phone I'll be getting instead when my contract is up in a couple months...

G

I agree I have a Droid X as well.. what a joke to no be on the list. I going Samsung. it had a battery door so shove the MAX you know where Mr Motorola.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
It seems for a lot of people only unofficial upgrades are the way to go. I am owner of Samsung Galaxy S (not S II or S III) and I was quite disappointed by being stuck at Android 2.3. After that I was like or I am going to upgrade or buy a new one and I have to say when I got Android 4.0 it got smoother, faster and used less memory. Upgrade to Android 4.1 was mind blowing, even more memory free and available for use by applications. I think that the things like "Oh no, sorry, we will not upgrade your phone, because it does not have sufficient hardware" is just another way to scam you into the buying of a new phone for the sake of a new system.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Way to go on the suuuuuuper late news. They announced the exact same thing back in August, only difference is Motorola keeps changing the list.

I know because I have a Bionic (still waiting for ICS to download) and it's been on the list off and on over the last few weeks.

Time for custom ROM.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Have a photon 4g but I will never buy another Motorola phone as long as I live. Galaxy Note 2 on Thursday for me(Sprint) and Motorola can keep that slap in the face rebate.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Let me get this straight. Motorola is offering $100 credit toward a new phone that current Unlimited Data users grandfathered into unlimited data, have to pay full price for the phone to keep their plan, not the subsidized price, AND pay Verizon's upgrade fee? Screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.