Motorola devour - keeps resetting itself after installin apps via wifi

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
ok so I have here a motorola devour on the verizon network

I don't need a nice phone so I just wanted to use it as a media player/wifi sort of thing (just like my ipod touch 4th gen)

I have bypassed the activation (via "motoblur" or bluroff" I think it was)

that works great.

then I created a market account (I think that's what it was - it's been a while) installed apps via wifi, and then it resets shortly after.

Is this normal?

is it resetting itself because I did the bypass?

depends on what you mean by "bypassed motoblur" ?

it was my belief that motoblur (like htc's sense) is pretty much hardwired into the phone's rom. disabling (or deleting) some elements can cause phone instability.

running a 3rd party rom like miui or cyanogen will get rid of all that annoying crapware (and motoblur) but you wont be able to use any special apps included in motoblur. this requires jailbreaking your phone.

you can disable any fancy type of launcher bar motoblur gives you by using another launcher but all of your menus and core apps will still be in the motoblur style. your phone will still be using the provided rom but it will just not use the launcher as the default.

....as far as the resetting goes....what resets? the phone turns off then on? the wifi connection resets? something else?

if you install an update to a program the program itself will restart itself.