Motorola: Dodgy Android Apps Breaking Our Phones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
This is why Apple polices its Apps. More open OS is not always a good thing and many consumers do not always know or keep up with the latest info regarding crap Apps.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
In other news, Verizon is under fire for trying to lock down some apps on the Android marketplace.

Verizon and Motorola have been in bed for a couple years now.

Suddenly, it's all those dodgy apps that should be BANNED for "breaking" Motorola phones.

Coincidence?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Gotta agree with Motorola on this. Not everyone that uses Android is technologically savvy to download task managers and such. Especially when Android handsets are being marked down to $0 and raking in new (unsavvy) customers every day.

Simply put, Android isn't designed well.

youpcmonkeysblow

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]this is what happens with open source. the apps were probably made by script kiddies or first year computer science students who can't program there way out of a paper bag[/citation]
exactly! talk shit about apple's app control-freak tactics, but it is to avoid things like this.

G

It all works fine on my HTC Desire my kid opens a stack of apps and games and it still purrs, the battery takes a beating but i kill the apps and charge the beast and im all good.
The 1ghz CPU eats it up and spitz it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.