Motorola Granted Injunction in Germany Against Xbox, Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cee2cee

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
Honestly what I don't get is why Microsoft doesnt just give a big F U to Germany and stop selling Windows and Xbox there. They'll have them begging for it back real soon.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
easy fix... buy motorola?

or remove the formats, but as a big f you buy motorolla and fire all the heads seems like it'd send a good message to patent trolls

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]easy fix... buy motorola?or remove the formats, but as a big f you buy motorolla and fire all the heads seems like it'd send a good message to patent trolls[/citation]
Didn't google buy motorala already? and motorola is Huge, it would be a massive purchase for microsoft. They make alot of integrated circuits and I believe they compete with Foxconn to some degree even.

rglaredo

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
If this patent war goes on nobody will have anything left to innovate on previous technology ...is ridiculous ..they should make a ruling that after certain amount of years that patent is good but cant claim no money from other people improving on it ....sucks ...sucks sucks ...

G

up !
g.gif

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Starting a patent war with Microsoft is just plain dumb. What's even dumber are the judges in Germany. It took Motorola all this time to sue Microsoft. How long has the Xbox been out? 7 years?

I also believe Google bought Motorola Mobility, Not Motorola as a whole. Just their mobile division.

And I wonder what business software they use at Motorola? Windows perhaps? Microsoft should demand 50 zillion dollars for it.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]cee2cee[/nom]Honestly what I don't get is why Microsoft doesnt just give a big F U to Germany and stop selling Windows and Xbox there. They'll have them begging for it back real soon.[/citation]

You are clearly not familiar with the European market.
Not only is it much larger than the US market, it also is using Linux much more.
Several years ago a number of large German cities for instance replaced all their Windows OS with Linux.

fudoka711

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]You are clearly not familiar with the European market.Not only is it much larger than the US market, it also is using Linux much more.Several years ago a number of large German cities for instance replaced all their Windows OS with Linux.[/citation]

I have this funny feeling that if you remove Great Britain from the European market, the United States (not North America) is a larger market than the rest of the European Union. But that's besides the point.

Germany seems to be very fickle with using things the rest of the world uses. I don't hear patent infringement cases with the other European countries. I also don't hear anything about other countries switching to Linux en masse.

Linux = great for servers
Windows = great for the work computer

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]You are clearly not familiar with the European market.Not only is it much larger than the US market, it also is using Linux much more.Several years ago a number of large German cities for instance replaced all their Windows OS with Linux.[/citation]
Your points are valid except the harping about Europe equals Germany. Your comparison is the equivalent of a lawsuit from New York state, and then talking about the entire United States. Regardless, I'm sure some settlement will be reached in an appeals court involving royalties and product sales will continue - as is the usual motion of events. However, that 4 billion per year figure needs to be grossly knocked down, that's an outrageously-high number and grounds for an appeal all by itself.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
As I am reading through the comments here it is quite obvious that a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
so that's why the idiots at google bought motorola, they are 100% apple copiers even at trolling

note: I hate apple as much as google but google seems to be copying apple in everything eg. an OS built on a UNIX distro, a mobile OS, trolling....

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]Didn't google buy motorala already? and motorola is Huge, it would be a massive purchase for microsoft. They make alot of integrated circuits and I believe they compete with Foxconn to some degree even.[/citation]

Google only bought Motorola's mobile stuff if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.