Motorola Puts Microsoft on Chinese Google Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Will, Google made the choice themselves. By giving Ms. Clinton something to talk about; they are going to pay with their market share.

p3t3or

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
ugh, I dread seeing Bing on the iPhone. I gave Bing a serious try, but it really failed. All it wanted to do was sell me stuff. I may be getting rid of my iPhone quicker than I thought.

p3t3or

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
ugh, I dread seeing Bing on the iPhone. I gave Bing a serious try, but it really failed. All it wanted to do was sell me stuff. I may be getting rid of my iPhone quicker than I thought.

G

Google did not make the choice themselves, it was always about the hacking and theft committed the chinese! Google would have had no problems if it were not for the chinese starting something and then trying to put the blame on Google as if they had made something up to cause trouble.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]wouldn't Apple working together with M$ be considered a "partnership monopoly"? which is illegal![/citation]
Since Apple doesn't compete in Search I don't think there would be any questions of monopoly.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tamarodo[/nom]Google did not make the choice themselves, it was always about the hacking and theft committed the chinese! Google would have had no problems if it were not for the chinese starting something and then trying to put the blame on Google as if they had made something up to cause trouble.[/citation]
Thats one way to look at it. However, from my point of view, I saw Google sucking up to the Chinese for years and allowing all the censorship the Chinese government wanted. After all these years though, Google sees that it still isn't gaining market share against Baidu in that country. So I think they are just trying to pull out of a bad market but make themselves look heroic and principled in the process. I call bull shit on that.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]p3t3or[/nom]ugh, I dread seeing Bing on the iPhone. I gave Bing a serious try, but it really failed. All it wanted to do was sell me stuff. I may be getting rid of my iPhone quicker than I thought.[/citation]
I don't have an iPhone so I havent used Bing on it, but if it's anything like the browser version of Bing, then I don't know where you are coming from. I did a quick test by searching "computer" into Bing and Google. Bing gives wikipedia as first link and then Dell, Gateway, and "Listings of 'Computers' near ...". Google gives Dell, Apple, and "Shopping results for 'computers'. Like I said, I don't know if the Bing app on the iphone is different somehow, but you should back up your statement with some examples.

G

I cannot believe someone would give up their iPhone because of Bing?? Give me a break. I use Bing a lot. Last year I got back $250 by using Bing for purchases. I still use both Bing and Google for relavent searches. But Google is not the only game in town.

G

there should have some kind of censorship. Not all information are consider relevant to all nations, persons..or your pet. Please do not use our western standard to judge others. This is also how we are getting into the trouble today. If nation A agree with us, good....if not..invade with a pretty excuse.....

Status
Not open for further replies.