Motorola's Droid 4 Will Cost $199.99 Subsidized?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

batkerson

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Didn't Google buy Motorola's cell phone division? Is that a done deal or is it still pending? How, if any, is Google involved in this (other than supplying the operating system)?

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I would be much happier if some companies sold phones with much bigger capacity batteries out of the gate:
I buy a phone, and step 1 is going onto ebay to get the largest capacity battery I can find.
I understand many people love thin phones. But there are many other people who don't care how big or heavy the phone is, so long as the battery life is better than 1 charge per day...

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Delengowski[/nom]Man, I hope this phone comes out for at&t(doubtful) being as wet behind the ears as I am. I have no credit established and trying to get a contract for Verizon will be a pita..:''([/citation]

well if its for needing to replace battery to get extra time i can understand, but if its becose in 2 years the battery will become bad, and you need to replace it. its only to get the same volt and fix it yourself ;b. but its not alot of phones you can replace the battery in today. its strange id think you wuld sell more dev if they let you replace more freely. and dont give me the old if we make a replaceble battery the phone will get bigger its all such bull.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
sorry delengowski ment to add a remark to the guy below you can newer understand how to work this site it ceeps double posting and messing around, sorry for alerting you.

deadgargamel

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
So let me get this straight: the 64gb iPhone 4s has been on the market for roughly 4 months, and the 64gb iTouch for over a year. So it's physically possible to have a portable device with a decent amount of internal memory. And this high-end phone, not even out yet, top-of-the-line for Moto, still has only 16gb of internal memory? That's complete BS.
As a diehard Android fan it's becoming harder to defend phone maker's hardware decision when one of the key advantages of Android is (supposedly) it's better spec'ed phones.
Flash memory costs next to nothing now and I still have to mess around with micro sd cards and data fragmentation between my internal memory and the card. Stupid beyond belief. At least offer an OPTION for more memory!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
@driverdude I usually carry a second battery. No user replacable batteries means you are at the mercy of being able to charge your phone on long trips. This has nothing to do with parallel ports or floppy drives. Apple degraded the old standards of user servicability and now people assume that is normal and manufacturers use it to make more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.