Moto's First Android Phone Loves Social Networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
With android, certain hardware specs must be met. These include certain dedicated buttons, the inclusion of a full qwerty keyboard, etc.. etc... Without these specs, it would be anyones guess as to which apps in the Android Marketplace would work on which phones.

This means most Android phones will be somewhat similar. If you think this is a problem, how many different iPhones can you buy from Apple in an AT&T store? One? Exactly.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
That's pretty funny that it does best at social networking, and the name of the phone is the CLIQ. If it was truly living up to its name, it should only work with other phones of its type, and snub all the rest :)

rembo666

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
One question I would have about this phone is what CPU does it use? The reason is that once you start put all these gadgets on your home screen it's going to kill you phone performance. I think it needs to be more powerful than the current G1 and myTouch to handle that stuff without hanging every second.

pender21

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
I like how the Android platform supports apps and "widgets" as well, where widgets are app daemons that integrate into the Android OS and can take over some functionality like the google Voice App. I wish Apple would support Widgets too but make development only eligible to trusted app makers.

Can an Android 1.5 OS phone be updated to a 2.0 OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.