Moving a game from a laptop to a new one due to lack of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2018
Hi. I need help on transfering a game from a laptop to another laptop. More exactly the game is Fallout 4 and is 85Gb. The problem is that on the new laptop i dont have enough space to download it and install it. Local Disk E has 180Gb and most of them are used (local disk c has 80gb). I have space only to download it or to install it. So is there anyway i can move it already installed from a laptop to the new one? Or to install it directly on the new laptop? I dont have any external hard drive or usb so i dont know what to do.

Ps: I tried to move a game wich is 250mb on the new laptop and it worked but I dont know if works with a game that big.

br00n0

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
Maybe you could initiate the game download from Steam in your new laptop, they stop it and close Steam.
Copy your game folder from your old to your new laptop.
Restart your steam and repair the game. You will avoid downloading the entire game, I think.

Good luck.

PS: Upgrade your new laptop for more space! ;-)

Feb 20, 2018
I didn't buy the game. I get it from a friend who pirated it. I cant use Steam at all in this problem that i have.

My idea was to install it on the first laptop and then move the folder with the installed game to the second laptop with TeamViewer. Are there any chances to work?

Sorry we can't help you with pirated software.

Status
Not open for further replies.