Moving Photos & Contacts Off A Non-Working Phone

Sillyheart55

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I am having a lot of trouble with my Quest ZTE-N817 phone.

First, the screen locked up. I took the battery out, put it back in, and the phone did NOT come on at all. Someone told me to rub a pencil eraser on the heads in the phone and on the battery and place the battery back in and recharge the battery for at least three hours. It came back on but for a short period of time.

I used to have this picture that would come on the screen telling me how much more needs to charge. This picture no longer shows when I plug it in. Just a blank screen.

Now when I click the “on” button, it seems to try to come on but goes back off again.

The other problem I had (when the phone worked) was that it kept telling me that I’m running out of space. I deleted apps and that didn’t work. I cleared all the caches in all the remaining apps and it still didn’t work.

My problem now is that I have photos on the phone that need to come off. I also have all my contacts on there.

Does anyone know of any way to get the photos and contacts off a non-working phone? Is it possible?

Any help that anyone can give will be appreciated!

Solution
Pop the SIM in your new fone and see if the contacts were saved to the SIM ... as opposed to the fone first.

Will the old fone tun on with the charger connected?

Can you borrow a good battery for that fone from a firend?

if so ... quickly copy your pictures over to the PC before it goes flat ... and your contacts.

It would be bad to have to buy a battery just to get your pictures off.

Try cleaning the usb port and plug with a toothbrush to try to get the charger to charge the battery ... or try another charger.

These are a few options you can try.
Pop the SIM in your new fone and see if the contacts were saved to the SIM ... as opposed to the fone first.

Will the old fone tun on with the charger connected?

Can you borrow a good battery for that fone from a firend?

if so ... quickly copy your pictures over to the PC before it goes flat ... and your contacts.

It would be bad to have to buy a battery just to get your pictures off.

Try cleaning the usb port and plug with a toothbrush to try to get the charger to charge the battery ... or try another charger.

These are a few options you can try.

Solution

Sillyheart55

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017