Moving to android from iphone4

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hi guys, I have decided to move from my iPhone 4 to an android smartphone. MY budget is around £400. I am in Thailand for the next three weeks so I can get phones for about 15% less than in the UK.

I want a phone with a good screen resolution and good battery life (w/ browsing, texting, and gaming) and a decent cpu/ram combo. I used my cousin's Nexus 4 phone and it was pretty responsive while running games. I heard that when gorilla glass screens crack the touchscreen becomes unresponsive, is this true?

Required
Under £400
Good screen res, battery life, cpu, ram
8GB or more storage

Preferred
SD slot

Solution

Well I got the extended battery pack for mine (Sprint gave me a $100 credit for accessory purchase) and that was worth every penny. I can get about 6 - 7 hours on a full charge with the extra battery, where my old Galaxy S2 barely lasted 1 1/2 hours before requiring a charge.

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

Yes the s4 seems to be out of my budget, but I will check thai prices. How is the battery life on the HTC one?

synergygreen459

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
when it comes to the gorilla glass cracking and the screen becoming non responsive i would say that is not true in most cases that i have seen. Galaxy s4 is always a great choice but personally i would try to get a nexus 4 due to the fact that it is vanilla android at its finest and you will always get os updates before those with mainstream android devices. if you are wanting an htc one really look into what you think about blinkfeed on it cause last i heard it could not be disabled and that put me off from getting it. hope this helps.

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

Yes the nexus 4 has a great price, what is blink feed, I am new to android.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I just bought an HTC One, it is an unbelievably excellent phone (and I've used iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and Blackberry). I highly recommend it.

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012

How is the battery life, and is the htc sense better than vanilla android

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Well I got the extended battery pack for mine (Sprint gave me a $100 credit for accessory purchase) and that was worth every penny. I can get about 6 - 7 hours on a full charge with the extra battery, where my old Galaxy S2 barely lasted 1 1/2 hours before requiring a charge.

Solution

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Well I bought a Nexus 4 as I also wanted a replacement for my iPad original and I got a Nexus 7 for a great price. I'm enjoying it so far and the battery life is great.